Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs Saul Alvarez.. Who Won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY CLEAR WIN for Canelo 116-113.

I've never seen Lara run like that. Not even against Angulo. That's not boxing. Dude was afraid to engage.

Comment

• The hype around Canelo is unbelievable.

There's something about him that makes people go blind.

I'm surprised he didn't beat Mayweather by SD.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I haven't called this a robbery. It was a close fight I thought Lara won, that's all.

As for the Mexican thing, it was only one point in many. I wasn't suggesting that the polls are imperfect simply because there are far, far more Mexicans than Cubans. It was just one in several factors, in my opinion. But, of course, I say, "Mexican" and you immediately cling to that as if it was my only point.

I think we can all agree that the paying public is overwhelmingly casual. I think we can also agree that casual fans are not fans of Lara's style. This, in my opinion, tends to make people lean in favor of the more pleasing fighter in close rounds, of which this fight had many. I think you should've focused more on this point.
        i know you didnt call it a robbery, i wasnt refering to you on that.. out of all the cubans you made the more unbiased posts before the fight... but i still think that the general consensus for the outcome is fair, most people (media,fans,etc) think that the fight was close with a fair outcome...

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I share the same sentiment. Don't get me wrong, I am not happy that boxing works this way and guys like Lara have to go above and beyond, just to get a close decision. But that's just the way boxing works and I accept it. And if you and me understand that, then Lara and Ronnie Shields do as well.
          Great post, and I agree with everything, but that last line really drives the point home. Those guys knew it probably wouldn't be enough to outpoint and outclass Canelo. It had to be done in a certain way. Missed opportunity. Life goes on.

Comment

• Canelo, clear decision.

Lara had his moments, but just didn't do enough. I wanted Lara to win but perhaps Canelo's power and/or body punching was a bit too much for Lara to deal with. Every now and then Lara would land a beautiful one two combo, but then he'd move around for 30 seconds or so instead of trying to capitalize on the work he just did.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
              i know you didnt call it a robbery, i wasnt refering to you on that.. out of all the cubans you made the more unbiased posts before the fight... but i still think that the general consensus for the outcome is fair, most people (media,fans,etc) think that the fight was close with a fair outcome...
              What can I say? It's a losing battle, but I can't back down on my beliefs.

I wonder what my thoughts will be on this fight when I rewatch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Canelo, clear decision.

Lara had his moments, but just didn't do enough. I wanted Lara to win but perhaps Canelo's power and/or body punching was a bit too much for Lara to deal with. Every now and then Lara would land a beautiful one two combo, but then he'd move around for 30 seconds or so instead of trying to capitalize on the work he just did.
                Et tu? lol JK

Can't argue with your point, bro. I thought Lara did enough to win, but I pretty much agree with everything else you say. I've said from the beginning that Landy should've been a little more active.

Comment

• Originally posted by reneg_2 View Post
                  VERY CLEAR WIN for Canelo 116-113.

I've never seen Lara run like that. Not even against Angulo. That's not boxing. Dude was afraid to engage.
                  I scored it a second time and came up with the score of 116-112 for Canelo.

Comment

• There is no denying Lara took the first three.

So are people really telling me CONelo won AT LEAST 7 of the final 9 rounds?

What I find laughable is how everyone agrees that one judge was on crack but on his scorecard he gave Canelo 8 of the last 9
                    therefore is his judging really that much worse than any other who scored it for Ginger Spice?

Comment

• ''I didn't like Lara's running and he was hardly throwing so I gave the rounds to the guy who wasn't landing anything outside of rounds 4, 5 & 7!''

Comment

Working...
                      X