Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm usually a fan of the sweet science, but that wasn't it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara boxed beautifully! Total master class he was making Canelo look foolish in there!

Comment

Agreed! Lara walked up to the podium post Angulo, talked about not respecting Canelo as a boxer, just to end up running all night.

Comment

There's lateral movement and then there's looking legitimately terrified of the other fighters power and the idea of getting punched. That was Bruce Seldon reincarnated in there.

I think Saul's punching power is over-stated but I do believe it had Lara phased.

Comment

The real sad part is Lara is so skilled and talented that he doesn't have to do that. He could've won the fight by putting on a boxing clinic.

Did he really think he was going to win the fight and get the decision by running the whole fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Yeah Lara has nobody to blame but himself for losing that. You would of thought he'd have known better since he had Canelo in the ring that the judges wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Quite obvious he didn't learn from the Paul Williams fight
            I totally agree with this

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
              Lara boxed beautifully! Total master class he was making Canelo look foolish in there!
              A beautiful Boxing Lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                This. That's what I am talking about

Comment

Gimme the 7 rds Canelo won. Forget about the 9 his cousin gave him, just give me the 7 morretti scored for Canelo.

Comment

Lara should have stayed in the Pocket a bit and countered, where the hell was the left uppercut and the straight left, he fought too damn safe. He could have really ran away with this fight IMO.

When you make people miss at least COUNTER don't just Circle and walk around the ring, Lara did TOO MUCH OF THAT when he could have been countering and tagging the hell out of Canelo after making him miss BADLY

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                      I'm all for the hit and not be hit stuff, but usually sharp counters and good head movement is what I like to see, Sweet Pea, James Tony, Ali, RJJ. . . Lara tonight was flat out running circles. . . not interesting to watch . . . Good examples of boxers winning from the back foot recently, Chris Algeri, Jamie McDonald . . . But Lara for me didn't do enough to win that, maybe you could have given the nod to him and I wouldn't have minded, but I have absolutely no issues with that going to Canelo. . . Last score card was abit lame granted, but whatever.

Hope Nelo steps upto Cotto next, a real WARR !
                      He ran, but he really won fairly conclusively, although I agree I don't like the way he did it. You can't give Canelo credit for running around hitting elbows all night, because that is what he was doing, he didn't land half of the body shots he was given credit for, and the tale upstairs tells what the fight was, 80-20 headshots in favor of Lara.

It was an awful fight, and Lara should have thrown way more, and it was frustrating watching him create openings and not take advantage of them, but you can't count that against him. He chose that slow pace for the fight, and he controlled Canelo all night.

Comment

Working...
                      X