No announcement yet.

I'm usually a fan of the sweet science, but that wasn't it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm usually a fan of the sweet science, but that wasn't it

I'm all for the hit and not be hit stuff, but usually sharp counters and good head movement is what I like to see, Sweet Pea, James Tony, Ali, RJJ. . . Lara tonight was flat out running circles. . . not interesting to watch . . . Good examples of boxers winning from the back foot recently, Chris Algeri, Jamie McDonald . . . But Lara for me didn't do enough to win that, maybe you could have given the nod to him and I wouldn't have minded, but I have absolutely no issues with that going to Canelo. . . Last score card was abit lame granted, but whatever.

Hope Nelo steps upto Cotto next, a real WARR !

I totally agree. This was running. People abuse what running is, but this is a textbook example of it. You just don't win by doing that ****.

Comment

I could never be a fan of Lara, I like fighters who can at the very least punch whilst moving. This whole be negative for a large portion of the round, then try to steal it, it's disgusting to say the least.

Comment

Sad part was that he was proud of that performance, and thought he should have won. I'm suing his ass for $60 + tax.

Comment

Yeah Lara has nobody to blame but himself for losing that. You would of thought he'd have known better since he had Canelo in the ring that the judges wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Quite obvious he didn't learn from the Paul Williams fight

Comment

Haters. Lara wasn't running, his footwork was beautiful to watch. Those dodges felt like I was watching the matrix. I would rather watch that any day of the week than excessive hugging.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              Haters. Lara wasn't running, his footwork was beautiful to watch. Those dodges felt like I was watching the matrix. I would rather watch that any day of the week than excessive hugging.
              Had he thrown a few more punches I'm sure he would have gotten the nod.

Comment

The first 3 rds I thought Lara won through movement and punching (enough). Canelo looked frustrated. The next rds Canelo adjusted and started focusing on the body. Lara ran (not boxed) i gave those rounds to canelo. The final rounds were very close with Lara landing headshots , while canelo attacked the body with combinations. 7-5 canelo. 117-111 was mental. I could see a draw or 1 pt decision to Lara. The crowd, aggressiveness, and Lara's running (through large stretches of the fight) ultimately led to a win for Canelo.

Looking good against Lara is impossible, which makes top fighters hesitant to fight him. Lara will be avoided at all cost because his style in not fan friendly, he is not a big draw, and he will make great fighters look terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                  Funny, I'm pretty sure Lara was the one who was tying up near the end.

Comment

Canelo adjusted and didn't gas, I thought it was his best performance and I also thought Lara fought a great fight because he didn't stand in the pocket. If Lara stayed in the pocket like he did against Molina and Angulo he would have probably be Ko'd tonight.

I enjoyed the fight, love seeing a guy talk so much crap then run like a track star.

Comment

Working...
                    X