What's happening to Mares?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    lool i saw him at the weigh in lool my bad

but come on, Oquendo, such a step down, after all that talk of a rematch etc

I hope Gonzalez hasn't found the ***** in Mares

And to think people were comparing Mares to Froch on here smh

Oquendo's a live dog in this fight, i wouldn't be surprised if he beat Mares considering Mares is coming off a year layoff and first round KO, he also looked soft as hell at the weighin compared to what he he usually looks like. On top of that he hired Virgil "The Fight Whisperer" Hunter for this fight. He should have went back to Nacho Beristain.

Comment

He's hiding out for a few years until Jhonny retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
        I think Mares is definitely cut from the same cloth as Froch. He's been moving up in weight and going after the best guys possible. He's in a transition phase now just like khan was. He changed to Hunter and took a long lay off. Oquendo is his tune up and I expect him to get back in the mix shortly after this fight. Hopefully, his style meshes with Hunter quickly. Mares will face Gonzales again imo as long as Jhonny doesn't get thrashed in the meantime.
        hope this is true

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Gonzalez took his soul
        hope this isnt lol

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
          Oquendo's a live dog in this fight, i wouldn't be surprised if he beat Mares considering Mares is coming off a year layoff and first round KO, he also looked soft as hell at the weighin compared to what he he usually looks like. On top of that he hired Virgil "The Fight Whisperer" Hunter for this fight. He should have went back to Nacho Beristain.
          loool

but no, i think mares has enough to beat oquenwho?

Comment

I agree with UTEP, Oquendo is a decent comeback fight for Mares. Why can't we compare Mares to Froch? Froch never showed any interest in avenging his one-sided loss against Ward either.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              I never really thought of him as P4P, he just didn't have the skill or the depth to make it top 10. He was good fun to watch though, I hope he can come back and rematch Gonzalez, then get his ass whooped by a shot Donaire
              His victories proved he has the skills. He defeated Asnemelo when he was in everyones top 10 p4p.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                Gonzalez took his soul
                People always say this about guys after they lose. This is the one case I have to agree. Gonzalez took more than Mares 0 that night

Comment

It was quite humerous when the interviewer asked Mares about the vicious KO loss he suffered last fight , emphasized vicious as if he might have forgotten and wanted to remind him.

Comment

Mares

Follow Boxing Much ?

Comment

Interested to see how Mares looks tomorrow. I think Johnny took more than just his 0. Let's what's left in the tank. He should take care of his opponent. Oquendo shouldn't win this fight if Mares gets back to his old self.

Comment

Working...
                      X