No announcement yet.

If Lara Beats Canelo: What Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Lara Beats Canelo: What Next?

I've been thinking about this...is the Canelo fight a poisoned chalice for Lara? If he loses he goes back to square one but if he wins, who will fight him? I doubt Mayweather would, especially at 154, he can't move up cos Cotto won't want a piece of him. I'm not sure how lucrative he would be for the other titlists in the division and he would probably get avoided.

It's a tough situation for the Cuban.

I think win or lose, we'll get to see the Vanes rematch.

Roach already said no to a Lara fight and we know Mayweather isn't gonna fight him.
    Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 07-07-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Good question.

I think he'll start campaigning for a fight with Mayweather as that is the obvious next step. However, I think it's more likely that Lara will fight Molina in a rematch. They have unfinished business.

If Lara beats Canelo decisively, I want to see him face Floyd. That becomes a must see fight at 154. It isn't likely at all though. I can't see Floyd picking Lara with only two fights to go.

Lara could also move up to 160 as well. I would love to see a fight between Lara and Kirkland.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        I think win or lose, we'll get to see the Vanes rematch.
        oh no, please no!

Comment

I don't see why he wouldn't get the Floyd fight should he win. Floyd holds the titles at 154 and has not vacated. Both are with Al Haymon and it would be a good competitive fight.

Comment

He will fight Mayweather at a catchweight.

Comment

Has to be Mayweather next although a part of me wishes we could see Lara-Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Has to be Mayweather next although a part of me wishes we could see Lara-Cotto.
                Roach won't allow him to take that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                  Good question.

I think he'll start campaigning for a fight with Mayweather as that is the obvious next step. However, I think it's more likely that Lara will fight Molina in a rematch. They have unfinished business.

If Lara beats Canelo decisively, I want to see him face Floyd. That becomes a must see fight at 154. It isn't likely at all though. I can't see Floyd picking Lara with only two fights to go.

Lara could also move up to 160 as well. I would love to see a fight between Lara and Kirkland.
                  I don't think Molina can set foot on US soil and Lara isn't gonna travel. Kirkland is with 50 Cent and I don't think Golden Boy/Haymon/Floyd wanna do business with him.

Comment

Like Floyd has the balls to fight Lara or any legitimate threat.

It'll probably be Andrade after.

Comment

Working...
                    X