No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins vs "Krusher" Kovalev Post fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I think it would be unfair to compare someone who has 5 or so fights at a weight to someone who has 25 or so fights at his weight.

If we compare them, let's compare their careers against each other. If we do that, I think Maidana has a much deeper resume than Kovalev.
    Froch has a better resume than Kovalev but which would be the better win for Stevenson at 175?

It's obviously Kovalev because he has the better record at the weight while Froch has no wins there.

Maidana's Broner win would be the equivalent of Froch beating Cloud or someone medicore at LHW.

But I'm not assessing him as a welterweight.
    The post you responded to was within that context (my response to Larry).

Maidana's record at 147 just isn't great, no top 5 opponents beaten.

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    He clearly has the deeper resume. Not sure why divisions matter. Maidana is no better or worse a fighter than kovalev. Only difference is he actually happens to fight in divisions with talent.
    I don't buy that b/s either. I'm with Thurman on this, a bunch of 140lbers artificially inflating the division chasing Pacquiao and Mayweather doth not a strong division maketh.

If all the best 168lbers went to 175 it would look good too but a killer like Kovalev would send most of them south in weight again.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 08-02-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• I am ****ing excited for this fight, I'm not sure who I'm picking just yet. I want both men to win.

Comment

• Hopkins will fake an injury in the first three rounds and they'll stop the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Why's that? What great fighters has Maidana beat in reality? Broner and Ortiz are his best wins unless I'm missing someone. Or is it just because Maidana put up a better then expected fight?
          Broner, Ortiz wins are better then any of Kovalevs wins man

Comment

• I already had him ahead of Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Jones and Hopkins are above Floyd and Manny.

Anyway, it's a fight I know Hopkins is going to win and I don't see the greatness of Kovalev that everyone else sees, that would catapult Hopkins into GOAT status. Kovalev beat two good prospects and one good gatekeeper.

Also, I really hate how boxing got a good fight going on, and Floyd Mayweather has to be linked to it by fans somehow. Floyd has to be connected with every boxing move. As if Kovalev>Maidana. Cause like I said, fans like to throw fighter under the bus. One day Maidana is a forum hero, now he gets shat on for some guy who burst onto the scene last year.
              Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Roy is greater than Hopkins.
              Jones is not ranked higher then Manny, floyd or Hopkins

Comment

• he's already better than floyd in too many categories, most especially, having balls!

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  He was better and has a better resume.
                  No he doesn't not even close

Comment

• Hopkins is already ahead of him. He is ahead of any current active fighter right now imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Maidana has beaten Karass (not top 10), Lopez (not top 10) and Broner (5-10) and he has also lost to Alexander (5-10)

Kovalev has beaten Cleverly (top 5), Campillo (top 5) and has never been beaten as a pro.
                      Maidana is the more accomplished pro man and it isn't even debatable..give Kovalev time to get his career going ya'll are hyping the man to fast

Comment

Working...
                      X