No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins vs "Krusher" Kovalev Post fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
    I don't whether he has that luxury against a man with Kovalev's power.

If he can I think Bernard has to establish himself early. To disrupt Kovalev's offence with hurtful counters and then capitalise on those moments where Kovalev doesn't understand how he's been hit. We see that quite often with Bernard's opponents, that split second after the initial counter when they're trying to figure out what's just happened.

If he can do that early hopefully it will establish a pattern for the fight and Sergey will become more disheartened as the fight wears on. If he can do that initially then he can start to layer in those tactics that he has for frustrating his opponents on top of that.

But he has to get his respect first. If he pulls his antics without doing that first, Kovalev will think he's looking for a way out, and that will ennoble him.
    im just going by what we have seen from hopkins in the past

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
      im just going by what we have seen from hopkins in the past
      That's the great thing about this fight!

As a Hopkins fan this one's tinged with fear 'cause it's a dangerous fight. When that happens you start looking for ways that your guy can win this, but not in that cold analytical way that you do with other fights. I've got emotive on this one.

I'm undecided on Kovalev's skill set. If he's as good a boxer (rather than puncher) that some are claiming then Bernard will need a performance similar to the one he put on Trinidad all those years ago, and I am allowing myself to dream of that!

If he isn't quite the technician that they think, well, you know how that goes . . ."He was never all that anyway."

On a personal level, when a boxer's in with a dangerous puncher, I like to see them apply clever aggression from the off.

Comment

• Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
        That's the great thing about this fight!

As a Hopkins fan this one's tinged with fear 'cause it's a dangerous fight. When that happens you start looking for ways that your guy can win this, but not in that cold analytical way that you do with other fights. I've got emotive on this one.

I'm undecided on Kovalev's skill set. If he's as good a boxer (rather than puncher) that some are claiming then Bernard will need a performance similar to the one he put on Trinidad all those years ago, and I am allowing myself to dream of that!

If he isn't quite the technician that they think, well, you know how that goes . . ."He was never all that anyway."

On a personal level, when a boxer's in with a dangerous puncher, I like to see them apply clever aggression from the off.
        dan_cov agrees with you and he knows his stuff

Comment

• Cannot wait for this fight.

Picking Hopkins but I'm very interested to see how he reacts when Kovalev lands.

Hopkins has an ATG chin but he's looked a little vulnerable at times in the last few years.

If Hopkins can take his power it should be an easy fight for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            That lead right. If he puts Kovalev down, which is entirely possible, it will be with that lead right while Kovalev is resetting. Kovalev has a bad habit of squaring up when he resets, and that punch comes out of nowhere sometimes.
            Thank you, he does that crap ALL THE TIME! I'm 100% positive Hopkins has noticed this, and will take advantage.

Comment

• That's what I've been telling people, Hopkins only chance is to look for that ko from the right hand when sergey drops his hands.. Hopkins has no chance of lasting the whole fight with a slugger like sergey.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTL View Post
                Hopkins has no chance of lasting the whole fight with a slugger like sergey.
                When was the last time you saw Hopkins hurt? Or even floored? Was it the slip against Mercado?

Was it the Echols football tackle?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• I've seen Hopkins get hit/hurt lots of times but he's always trying to clinch anyway so you have to watch very closely to tell a hurt clinch apart from a strategic clinch.

Comment

• Originally posted by RwK View Post
                    When was the last time you saw Hopkins hurt? Or even floored? Was it the slip against Mercado?

Was it the Echols football tackle?
                    Pascal twice. Legit knockdowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Pascal twice. Legit knockdowns.
                      Completely forgot about that. True indeed.

Pascal is a hard puncher, but he did survive and didn't seem to be in any grave danger.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                      X