Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins vs "Krusher" Kovalev Post fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergey will learn how to be a legend himself for taking out the legend Bhop himself. Kovalev is going to become the GOAT LHW. After Hop... Pascal, Adonis (if he wants to avenge his unoffical lost to Kovalev), and Ward can all get it and they will lose. If Kovalev beats them all he's undeniably the GOAT.

Easy work Kovalev Saturday night. It's just a shame that Hopkins is the only champion in the division who has the courage to fight him

Oh well. After beating even a 50 year old Hopkins and unifying the division and holding 3 titles at 175, Kovalev is a top 5 P4P fighter on anyone's unbiased list. He is already top 10 and after unifying this weekend he moves right behind Wlad, Floyd, Golovkin, Chocolaitito and Rigo on the official P4P list.

Sergey Kovalev is a once in a generation talent. I do not believe we will ever see another LHW that possesses the skill-set to match the once in a millennia devastating bone crushing power that he has. Sergey Kovalev's come around only once every 2014 years and the next one we see might not be til the year 3000 and that's being severely optimistic.

War Krusher. Krush The Alien

Comment

• Kovalev decision or late stoppage is what I'm committing to.

I hope I am wrong.

Comment

• Sugar Sergey Kovalev is gonna KO the old man with a swift left hook-right hand combination in the 10th.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Sugar Sergey Kovalev is gonna KO the old man with a swift left hook-right hand combination in the 10th.
          Sick sig bro

Comment

• Originally posted by Barn View Post
            Kovalev decision or late stoppage is what I'm committing to.

I hope I am wrong.
            That's my prediction too. If Hopkins wins this fight he will shock the hell out of me. I think Kovalev is the real deal. If I'm wrong I'll be shocked.

Comment

• Bhop vs Kovalev equates to Sugar Ray vs Terrible Terry Norris.

This smacks of when a aging Sugar Ray Leonard decided to fight who he felt was the very best at his weight, in the person of Terrible Terry Norris, (Before the Simon Brown war) back in the day... Sugar Ray went out on his shield, Norris took care of business that night and I think that Kovalev will do the same.

I realize there are many dissimilar circumstances about these fighters than Leonard vs Norris.... Bhop has titles, never retired, is in good shape and has the smarts to capitalize on mistakes... But Kovalev is a thumper with a solid chin and will be in seek and destroy mode from the opening bell.... Bhop doesn't have the power to keep him honest as he might have had 15 years ago.

MAJOR Props to Bhop !!! No ducking here. Too brave for his almost 50 year old body... This might be it for him, I really wish he choose Adonis instead.... I think that Bhop must have seen a flaw in Kovalev's technique.... Despite this possibility, Bhop lacks the power to capitalize on this with a fight ending sequence... Kovalev might get caught a few times but he and his corner are smart enough to adjust.... It's his time now, while Bhop can forever hold his head up high.

Comment

• Nowhere close to the same..Leonard was not an active fighter and was a cokehead..Hopkins is a unified champion,active and clean...Leonard ruined his own career

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Nowhere close to the same..Leonard was not an active fighter and was a cokehead..Hopkins is a unified champion,active and clean...Leonard ruined his own career
                  Yeah, a "ruined career" with wins against Benitez, Duran, Hearns and Hagler. (A resume that's second to none in the history of boxing.)

But anyway, I'll be surprised if BHOP can do nearly as well against Kovalev as Leonard did (after his first retirement) against Hagler, who was a million times better than Kovalev.

Comment

• What time will the wiegh in be?

Comment

• I would really love for Kovalev to knock the stuffing out of Don King's spiritual successor but the more I watch of the two fighters the more I feel that the clash of styles leans in Hopkins' favor.

Kovalev is not a guy who does anything to win. He has a musical style of boxing and slings big clean punches. I don't think he will know how to fight back when Hopkins starts wrestling, headbutting, scoring pittypats and faking fouls.

Comment

Working...
                      X