Mayweather vs Maidana II POST FIGHT DISCUSSION

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by WhenWeWereKings View Post
      I think Maidana's, perhaps, last thing to pick up in his toolbox(given the TYPE of fighter he is. People[not Loaded Wraps and Syf and Golovkin and the other Maidana Fanaticos] are always trying to fault him for not being Rigondeaux.) is to disguise his pain. He grimaces when he's hit. He overreacts all the time in fights. But people take too much from him wincing or screwing up his face. Mayweather, in contrast, is one of the ATGs in disguising what's actually happening for him physically in the ring. Nobody will ever really know if he was hurt fighting Hatton, if he was hurt in the ring against Castillo, Augustus, Judah, Mosely, or Maidana. Who really knows? He's so f###ing good at hiding pain that everyone has to pretty much guess what he was feeling at whatever little freeze frame moments they choose to turn into a GIF.
      I never said Maidana has pure boxing skills like Rigo. My contention has always been he's a better boxer than people tend to think. And that combined with the rest of his skillset, attributes, and intangibles makes him a formidable foe indeed.

You echo a precise point I made shortly after May 5th. Perception is what won the day for Floyd. He is a cold calculating master at managing perception in the ring. An illusionist that casts his influence over the judges, the audience, and in most cases, the fighters he's fighting. Maidana, on the other hand, holds no regard for such subtleties, and marches into each battle like a bull in a China shop...With his heart firmly on his sleeve. The reality may well could have been (and I believe it to be) that Floyd was hurt much more in that fight, but Floyd successfully managed the perception of the fight and thus won.

Agreed... Floyd hides being hurt well. He's tough. He's a manipulative honorless hypocritical cretin.. but he's tough. All those neck ups he does can't hurt his ability to take a shot either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Resilient View Post
        good video, but that music was weird. sounded like transformers or something.

Comment

• Imagine we get another competitive fight and get Mayweather vs Maidana III?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
            LMFAO. Thanks for that. Made my morning.
            He obviously didn't almost knock him out but his jarred Maidana's head with that hook. Another example of Mayweather doing the clean work and that was supposed to have been one of Maidana's best rounds....He definitely felt that shot and resorted to holding/low blow after it.

I thought Mayweather took the wind out of his sails a few times with body punches in the fight too.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Imagine we get another competitive fight and get Mayweather vs Maidana III?
              If Maidana beats Floyd he is chasing a Pacquiao megafight and not giving Floyd another fight he said lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYCYx...ifp4pcCppHeZfA

Forgotten how to embed videos on this forum. Anyway, I know the guy talking over the video is a massive Floyd fan but Maidana did look hurt imo.

Comment

• 10 more days is all I'm going to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                    10 more days is all I'm going to say.
                    I'm surprised by how soon the fight is, only seems like yesterday was the first fight. war maidana. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Mayweather wide UD IMHO, Floyd gonna jab to the body a lot and throw more combinations in the centre of the ring

Comment

Working...
                      X