Mayweather vs Maidana II POST FIGHT DISCUSSION

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    *Without his gloves.
    I'm a Cotto fan and I think Margarito used bricks but...

*Margarito still won

Can't change history, Maidana caved and lost the fight at the glove choosing station then. Either way, Floyd still won.

Comment

Why do you need a poll? This fight is already a formality. Have to laugh at the people who eat this **** up. Same **** from Floyd, his act has gone stale.

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      And then Khan looked like the beaten man after the fight, there is an old saying in boxing, "which fighter would you rather be right now?". Maidana looked like he just got done with a alight gym session, Amir looked like he had been in a war.
      Yeah, he looked so beaten that when questioned about the possibilities of a rematch, Maidana declined.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        I'm not going that far. I'm no Floyd fan, in fact, I hate most of his excuse-making d*ckrider fans, but the man is a truly talented and resilient champion. I don't think anybody gets a W over him in a brawl without paying a price for it. He's too sneaky and too accurate.

That said, the gloves thing was a total b*tch move and it's unforgivable and indefensible.

I also think Maidana took a fair amount of damage in their first fight, particularly to the body. Floyd went to the body in that fight like he hasn't in years. Maidana took it all well and returned the beating to Floyd's body.

I wouldn't have wanted to have either man's torso the day after that fight. Both of them got their organs pulverized and I know they were hurting for days after the final bell.
        Maidana is also used to the punishment, and being in brawls. Floyd was noticably uncomfortable and if Maidana dictates the fight again after coming in with even more confidence and even less respect for Floyd, something crazy could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          The last time Floyd really did that was against... Hatton another dirty ass fighter. He does it when he has to, but Floyd is not a dirty fighter. Also would you call Floyd or Maidana if you needed some back up for a street fight? Not saying Floyd can't fight but his style is not the way he fought against Maidana. It's like how Cotto beat Margarito in the rematch, yes he won and boxed well but he is a different fighter when he can be the one coming forward.
          Did you forget about the Ortiz fight? Why do you think Ortiz was headbutting?

Comment

Prob Maidana I don't think Floyd cares anymore and it will show in his performance in the rematch.
            Last edited by dc3383; 07-01-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              Did you forget about the Ortiz fight? Why do you think Ortiz was headbutting?
              Because he was pissed off getting tee'd off on? Ortiz was dirty in that fight as well, so Floyd gets dirty every now and then that makes him some master at it like Maidana? Maidana has been boxing much better recently, that doesn't make him Mayweather or Ali.

Comment

Floyd by decision..

Maidana fought a perfect gameplan I'm the first fight and it still wasn't enough to beat Floyd.
                I think this will be just like Floyd-Castillo 2 amd Floyd will leave no doubt who is a better fighter and will clearly win a decision

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                  Prob Maidana I don't think Floyd cares anymore and it show in his performance in the rematch.
                  wow, I have never seen you go against Floyd like that, I am really surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    Because he was pissed off getting tee'd off on? Ortiz was dirty in that fight as well, so Floyd gets dirty every now and then that makes him some master at it like Maidana? Maidana has been boxing much better recently, that doesn't make him Mayweather or Ali.
                    Alright man, you got it. Floyd is only dirty cause his opponents are.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Alright man, you got it. Floyd is only dirty cause his opponents are.
                      That's what I'm saying but if you can prove me wrong I will gladly admit it. I truly can't remember Floyd being dirty against Canelo, Guerrero, Cotto, Mosley, Marquez, DLH, Baldomir (haven't seen it in a long time though) Judah or Gatti. That isn't to say he didn't use elbows, there just wasn't anything I would classify as dirty. I also had no problems with the Ortiz KO, you try to headbutt a guy like that you just took it to a new level and like Floyd if someone opens the door I have no problems walking through it.

Comment

Working...
                      X