Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does TopRank feed there fighter's to the wolves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    No TR has a great reputation for matchmaking. Gamboa is the exception. They were ****ing him over with that Rios fight. He could have won it though. Gamboa also has himself to blame.
    How are you screwing someone over buy putting them in with someone that they probably can beat? To top it off, Gamboa would have gotten paid a career high. I agree, he stood a good chance of beating Rios, then he could have probably went on to fight Manny for another career high.

Where Gamboa get screwed is that he listened to bums like the Mayweathers, who gave him horrible advice. Their only concern is for themselves. Since Gamboa has been in there with 50 cents, he has only had a couple of fights in the last 2 to 2 1/2 years. He hasn't been busy at all then they throw him in there a tough fight with Crawford. After not fighting hardly the last couple of years, then being thrown in a tough fight, that is like seaside. Gamboa was stupid. He pretty much through his career away as soon as he signed with 50 cents.

Comment

Bob arum and top rank are the best star builders in the sport

Gamboa
      Mikey
      Donaire
      Manny
      Pavlik
      Morales
      Chavez jr
      Floyd
      Oscar
      Cotto
      Margarito

Arum knows how to build stars, he has been doing it for decades

Comment

I don't think they do they are one of the best at match making. Gamboa looked great until he tagged with that right hook and his legs were shot. If he would of won last night. We would be talking about Pac vs Gamboa right now.

Comment

top rank is definitely not afraid of putting their young prospects or stars in tough fights.

cotto vs martinez
          crawford vs gamboa
          mikey vs salido
          donaire vs rigondeaux
          glen tapia vs kirkland
          pacquiao vs bradley 1 & 2
          bradley vs marquez
          lomachenko vs salido and gray russell jr
          chavez jr vs martinez

etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
            I don't look at TC like Floyd. I liken him more to Hagler. Not everyone has to be compared to Floyd, bud.

That bum would knock your ass out within the first 2-3 seconds. You wouldn't even see what hit you.
            In regards to the Hagler comment. I heard Roy say post fight the similarities to Hagler based on the switch hitting and such. I don't agree at all. For the several fights I have followed Crawford now (switch hitting aside, though it is important to state when speaking of his ability), I see only one fighter in Crawford.. The Viper (rip). It brings a smile to my face every time he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
              In regards to the Hagler comment. I heard Roy say post fight the similarities to Hagler based on the switch hitting and such. I don't agree at all. For the several fights I have followed Crawford now (switch hitting aside, though it is important to state when speaking of his ability), I see only one fighter in Crawford.. The Viper (rip). It brings a smile to my face every time he wins.
              South paw with very good boxing and fundamentals with a chin, and able to apply smart pressure when need be, and a very good outside game. That's Hagler.

No way on the Viper. Viper was super super explosive. You think of him as the Viper because he fought a short guy. Wait til he fights a guy his own size.

Comment

Haymon, if he had Alvarado when he had the title, would never have pitted him against Provo.

Comment

Top Rank have a limited stable and they put their fighters in against each other in-house where possible, that's what a promoter does to make money.

Haymon is not a promoter, he is a manager. He gets paid when his fighters get paid, so it's in his interest to get the fighters the most money and not have them risk losing unless overpaid.

The problem for fans is that Haymon has control of his fighters, not the promoter. He is acting like a promoter and it's hurting the sport. We see mismatches to build hype, low-risk fights from established fighters and robberies with Haymon. He's a cancer in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    Top Rank have a limited stable and they put their fighters in against each other in-house where possible, that's what a promoter does to make money.

Haymon is not a promoter, he is a manager. He gets paid when his fighters get paid, so it's in his interest to get the fighters the most money and not have them risk losing unless overpaid.

The problem for fans is that Haymon has control of his fighters, not the promoter. He is acting like a promoter and it's hurting the sport. We see mismatches to build hype, low-risk fights from established fighters and robberies with Haymon. He's a cancer in boxing.
                    Both, for the most part, work off of a percentage of the fighters purse, it benefits both equally to get bigger paydays and take bigger fights.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                      South paw with very good boxing and fundamentals with a chin, and able to apply smart pressure when need be, and a very good outside game. That's Hagler.

No way on the Viper. Viper was super super explosive. You think of him as the Viper because he fought a short guy. Wait til he fights a guy his own size.
                      Huh? I have followed Crawford for several fights now... Not jut the Gamboa fight. No one compared him to Hagler until Roy did. You're statement about Forrest doesn't even makes sense...

That is fine though.

He reminds me of Forrest. Also I am not going to get into him fighting lefty, I addressed all that.

Comment

Working...
                      X