No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather the best fighter ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
    But look at him now. Is that what you call successful? Now that I think about it, I should add "maintaining good health" to the criteria.
    So because he has Parkinson's, Ali didn't have a successful career?

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      so your posting this expecting everyone to agree he is all because you never seen any fighters outside this era? sounds like you're trying hard to have a one sided argument of what you want to hear and turning your cheek to the facts.
      please, enlighten me on who you think has been a more successful fighter as per the criteria outlined in my original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        So because he has Parkinson's, Ali didn't have a successful career?

Wow.
        Maybe I phrased it wrong. What I meant was he can't be considered the most successful fighter ever because he didn't check all the criteria.
        btw I think Ali is greater than Mayweather

Comment

please, enlighten me on who you think has been a more successful fighter as per the criteria outlined in my original post.
          succesful? in what way money? of coarse floyd would take that they only started paying boxers good in 90's. He wouldnt be undefeated either if the judges didnt screw castillo or all floyd actually took fights with all those fighters he ducked during their primes. As far as all round boxer like I said he is not even top 10 Boxing has been around for over 100 years their have been quite a lot of better fighters.

Comment

I'm talking about all the things that encompass being a successful fighter. Things like:
            .raw talent
            .skill
            .promotion and business sense
            .making money
            .self preservation and of course
            .winning fights

I don't think anyone in history has been more successful at fighting. Discuss.
            This is remarkably dumb and unclear. You blur all the lines and you dont even know what youre asking people.

If you mean is he the most financially successful fighter, then things like 'self preservation' and "skill" dont mean **** in that discussion. If you mean is he the successful boxer in terms of boxing ability, then things like "business sense" dont mean ****. Figure out what youre trying to ask people before you ask it kid.

Comment

No.

Everyone is fixated on the amount of money Floyd makes. Even though he makes a lot, he could make SOOOOO much more. IMO, the measure of a good businessman is how well he's able to maximize his money-making potential.

If Floyd was such a successful businessman, he would have gone out of his way to make a Pac fight or two by now. The Pac fight is arguably the biggest fight in boxing history. We're talking a record payday for fighting a guy that Floyd considers "Easy Work"

Floyd could have made hundreds of millions of dollars by now by fighting Pac and having a rematch or two. A good businessman can put aside petty personal issues in the interest of making money. Who cares if he doesnt like Bob Arum? 100 million bucks is 100 million bucks.
              Last edited by crazed_z06; 06-27-2014, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
                This is remarkably dumb and unclear. You blur all the lines and you dont even know what youre asking people.

If you mean is he the most financially successful fighter, then things like 'self preservation' and "skill" dont mean **** in that discussion. If you mean is he the successful boxer in terms of boxing ability, then things like "business sense" dont mean ****. Figure out what youre trying to ask people before you ask it kid.
                I know exactly what I'm asking "kid" (?). Being a successful fighter doesn't depend on one or the other. It involves plenty of things which I named in my original post. If you think some of the attributes that I mentioned are stupid or I'm missing some, fine. Just tell me and I'll do my best to change them. No need call it dumb or unclear because you don't understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by crazed_z06 View Post
                  No.

Everyone is fixated on the amount of money Floyd makes. Even though he makes a lot, he could make SOOOOO much more. IMO, the measure of a good businessman is how well he's able to maximize his money-making potential.

Floyd could have made hundreds of millions of dollars by now by fighting Pac and having a rematch or two. A good businessman can put aside petty personal issues in the interest of making money. Who cares if he doesnt like Bob Arum? 100 million bucks is 100 million bucks.
                  Same old garbage...please don't bring that **** in here, no one cares,

Comment

succesful? in what way money?
                    Hmmmm maybe in the way I outlined in my post. You should try reading it some time. Yes money was one of the elements, but there are others that are equally weighted.

of coarse floyd would take that they only started paying boxers good in 90's. He wouldnt be undefeated either if the judges didnt screw castillo or all floyd actually took fights with all those fighters he ducked during their primes. As far as all round boxer like I said he is not even top 10 Boxing has been around for over 100 years their have been quite a lot of better fighters.
                    garbage that doesn't belong in this thread

Comment

*Saw red bar. Did not read*

Why are red bars allowed to make threads?

Comment

Working...
                      X