Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if wilder knocks out bermain stiverne and fights klitchko,,is that ppv worthy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If wilder impressively destroys Stiverne, I Wlad will lose any desire to unify. Steward never let Wlad near that type of fighter and I doubt Banks would either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dat View Post
      Not yet. If Wilder beats Stiverne, he should face the winner of Jennings-Perez fight. Then if Wlad beats Pulev, he should fight the winner of Fury-Chisora. If both Wilder and Wlad wins these fights and they then face each other, wow I'll watch that in PPV.
      Vlad wants both Wilder and Jennings fights. HBO would own Jennings fight.

SHO would have Wilder fight.

MSG for Jennings fight. Vladdy KO sold over 14,000 tickets for the Calvin Brock fight at MSG.

Vegas for Wilder.
      Last edited by marvelousmatt; 06-26-2014, 05:35 AM.

Comment

People seem to be obsessed with PPV on NSB. Personally i wouldn't pay PPV money for any Wlad fight. I respect him for his achievements but he's boring as hell.

Comment

Not in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pauly View Post
            I have to say i prob order it,,,if tyson fury ko"s derek chisora and fights klitchko,,,i prob order that too,,,,these are the only two opponents i give ppv worthy,,what do u guys think? Besides me probably being called a sucka,,,lol
            Depends, it probably wouldn't be PPV in Germany or Ukraine as they show it on TV over there, it's part of the Klitschko deal...probably wouldn't be PPV in UK either as Klit fights are shown normally on Eurosport or SkySports.

So if can't be made a PPV in Europe where Klit is a household name, how would it fare as a PPV in the US?

But, if by some financial miracle it just make it onto PPV in all these territories, then I would only even consider buying it for 2 reasons:

1. HD
            2. If it had a good undercard, with at least one other top level heavyweight bout and some good, solid title contests.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pauly View Post
              I have to say i prob order it,,,if tyson fury ko"s derek chisora and fights klitchko,,,i prob order that too,,,,these are the only two opponents i give ppv worthy,,what do u guys think? Besides me probably being called a sucka,,,lol
              If Wilder KOs Stiverne, wins the WBC title, and they put Klitschko-Wilder on regular Showtime, it would do huge numbers, around 1.5 Mill views.

And I'd give Deontay a real shot to win.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                They should just do like the old days. Put on prime time basic cable

nobobyd would watch it, and they would hemorrhage money.

regular cable fights usually have small purses. wladimir is one of the top three highest paid fighters in boxing right now.

i can't see why this fight wouldn't take place in europe. showtime would pick it up as a second fiddle broadcaster. the majority of the money would be generated in germany, and by k2 promotions. the brothers are / were huge business over there.

Comment

Of course it's pay for view worthy. I wouldn't pay 50 to 75 dollars or whatever they are charging these days just watch it live. That's just me. I don't mind waiting a week to see a fight if it saves me lots of money. I get Showtime and HBO so I get to see all of the pay for view fights a week or two after they happen. Many of the fans that buy PFV fights would buy this one. It would be a very good seller and make lots of money. I don't care what country a champion is from as long as he is a good champion and I live stateside in New Mexico. I think Wlad is a fine champion and I am happy with him being champion if no fighter can beat him. Many Americans want very much for an American to be the recognized heavyweight champion of the world. They would certainly pay to see a fight in which an American has a good chance to win the world heavyweight title.

Comment

Stop with the PPV madness. If we continue this trend, they'll try to put every meaningful fight on PPV.

Comment

Absolutely it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X