No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "Cotto-Bradley Could Happen In December"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
    Bradley is coming of a 1-1 record against a guy who beat Cotto down savagely, a win over JMM, a win over Provodnikov, and a solid undefeated record leading up to those.

Cotto is coming off of what? A series of meaningless fights. Hasn't had a competitive win in years. He takes a crap and the PRs come on here with tears in their eyes calling him "King Cotto the Warrior".

Some of you are acting like he is an actual middleweight all the sudden too. Cotto was chased out of those divisions after losing to Manny and Floyd. He doesn't even weigh in at the MW limit, weighs in at the LMW limit without dropping, is essentially the same size as the other 147s.

My God you people have short memories. A couple fights ago Cotto was a small retiree being chased out of his natural weight division looking for a chance to say goodbye and Bradley was in a p4p triangle with Floyd and Manny.

Bradley loses one fight and he's a bum.

Cotto loses half of his big fights, beats some guy you've never heard of and an old man who can't walk, WHOA he's a monster!! Look at those tattoos!!
    Bradley is coming off 0-2 vs Pacquiao. When analyzing fights we don't look at what the record says, we go by what actually happened in the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booji Boy View Post
      Bradley is coming off 0-2 vs Pacquiao. When analyzing fights we don't look at what the record says, we go by what actually happened in the fight.
      Nah, if you did that you'd basically say Cotto hasn't done much since 2007 other than fight injured guys and lose a few times and ask why he's worthy of fighting Bradley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
        Bradley is coming of a 1-1 record against a guy who beat Cotto down savagely, a win over JMM, a win over Provodnikov, and a solid undefeated record leading up to those.

Cotto is coming off of what? He hasn't beaten a top opponent in years. He takes a crap and the PRs come on here with tears in their eyes calling him "King Cotto the Warrior".

Some of you have very, very short memories. A couple fights ago Cotto was a small retiree being chased out of his natural weight division looking for a chance to say goodbye and Bradley was in a p4p triangle with Floyd and Manny.

Bradley loses one fight and he's a bum.

Cotto loses half of his big fights, beats some guy you've never heard of and an old man who can't walk, WHOA he's a monster!! Look at those tattoos!!

Some of you are acting like he is an actual middleweight all the sudden too. Cotto was chased out of those divisions after losing to Manny and Floyd. He didn't "move up", he got pushed out. He doesn't even weigh in at the MW limit, weighs in at the LMW limit without dropping, is essentially the same size as the other 147s, just lost to them so there's no point fighting there anymore, He's now Floyd's walking MW title.
        What's all this gotta do with my post? I think you quoted the wrong guy, brawski.

Nowhere in my post did I call Bradley a bum or I insinuated it. Nor did I call Cotto king or a warrior.

And FYI Bradley is 0-2 vs Pacquiao. Not even the casuals believe he beat Pacquiao. So you can't sell him as 1-1 to them.
        Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 06-24-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• 147-150 I have Bradley. Anything above that Cotto bullies his way to a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by spytactics View Post
            Please...Mayweather has the 154 lb belt and fought canelo(152) and later maidana(147). Cotto can fight the most lucrative fights and bradley is one of the current big names. I'd love to see cotto retire this fool.
            Well we have different opinions and i respect yours. It's just that like you said Cotto should be fighting the most lucrative fights and Bradley isn't one of them. He is by no means a "draw" amongst fans and Bradley has never stepped foot above 147 lbs. Unless Bradley moves up and has a showcase fight or 2 in which he impresses, i see no hype behind this bout.

If Cotto is specifically going for lucrative fights then he should go for Canelo at 154 or defend vs GGG at 160. I doubt any other fighter not named Floyd at 154(2) will generate as much green as those 2. Truth of the matter is that the ball is now on Cotto's court and either fight is tempting. Bradley has stiff competition at 147 but if this fight is truly in the works, i hope we get to see TB at 154 in a fight or 2 before shooting him off into the mouth of the lion i suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Hammer View Post
              147-150 I have Bradley. Anything above that Cotto bullies his way to a win.
              What does Bradley weigh on fight night?

Comment

• I don't like sideshow fights and this fight fits right in with the strong man, the fortune teller and the three breasted chick from Total Recall

Comment

• yea, this is not an appealing ppv.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    yea, this is not an appealing ppv.
                    Nor will it happen

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Nor will it happen
                      yea, i doubt it as well, but then who's next for both? arum doesnt seem to want a canelo fight right away which is su****ious. bradley doesnt have any potential opponents either.

Comment

Working...
                      X