No announcement yet.

Showtime and Floyd Rumor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
    Not sure if this is true but supposedly there's a rumor about Showtime and Floyd that if Floyd does not produce good numbers this September, then Showtime will either:

1. force him to fight manny or
    2. revise his contract

lol imagine,

Showtime: "fight manny or you don't get paid"
    Floyd: "peace, I threw my belt away already when he was my mandatory, why I need money fo"

source: FRANKGWJ
    If Showtime forces TBE to fight Manny he will retire because he has nothing left to prove

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
      I made this thread last week, and from what I was told by someone from Shane Mosley camp today while his two sons were training, if Mayweather don't do good numbers in September, Showtime will force him to revise his contract or force him to fight Manny in May to regain revenue lost in the contract. Or Showtime will reserve the May date for Cotto vs Alvarez. HBO may get involve (I.e. Tyson vs Lewis). These are all rumors going around the gym.
      When FRANKGWJ speaks, y'all better listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
        So tyson Lewis was just a figment of our imagination?
        Ppl like to name that one fight that occurred 10 years ago in a different era with different players as some sort of point. It's not. Stop regurgitating stuff u learned last week. HBO and Showtime are not working together any time soon. Not after HBO poached Show times Top sports Exec and Showtime poached HBOs top sports attraction. Not to mention the cold war. Seriously let it go. It's not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
          Not sure if this is true but supposedly there's a rumor about Showtime and Floyd that if Floyd does not produce good numbers this September, then Showtime will either:

1. force him to fight manny or
          2. revise his contract

lol imagine,

Showtime: "fight manny or you don't get paid"
          Floyd: "peace, I threw my belt away already when he was my mandatory, why I need money fo"

source: FRANKGWJ
          This rumor is total bullsh.t! It is based on the ridiculous notion that Showtime is losing money on Mayweather fights because they are paying him $200 to $300 million (the number seems to change every month) for six fights. I have said it a thousand times and will say it again: No one knows how much Showtime is paying Mayweather because the number was never release, but I would bet everything that I own that they are not paying him $200 to $300 million for six fights.

Showtime can't force Mayweather to do anything and there is no way a Pacquaio fight is going to take place because Arum will not allow Pacquaio to appear on Showtime. I don't believe Showtime has lost a dime on Mayweather and this rumor is just like all the other bs spread by haters on a weekly basis.

Gullible boxing fans will believe anything. I am sure there still some haters out there who still think that WWE owner, Jim McMahon paid Mayweather $20 million to appear in a boxing match at WrestleMania.
          Last edited by big_james10; 06-21-2014, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            why can't he force the fight?

the biggest heavyweight fight in 21st century history took place between Tyson, contracted to appear on Showtime and Lewis contracted to appear on HBO. If they could make it work then, for a fight of far larger mainstream appeal and magnitude, I'm damn sure they can make it work, only thing stopping it is Floyd is shook. That's the bottom line, he himself admits it, why won't his fans?
            Err are u talking about? And why are u always ranting? Showtime has no reason to force Floyd to fight a fighter from another network. U going on a rant about the same ol crap that has nothing to do with this doesn't change that. Use your brain not your emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              Fl0mos will come here acting like something like this is too farfetched.
              It is no more farfetched than the other rumor that I heard yesterday from a very reliable source. This source, who has inside knowledge about Floyd, told me that Floyd is actually an alien and that the Imperial Commander of his home planet has told him that he must move up to 160 to fight Cotto for the middleweight championship or he will be called home. Apparently, the Imperial Commander thinks much more of the middleweight belt than he does the welterweight and superwelterweight belts.

Comment

Wow nowadays 800k etc is a "flop" for a PPV...ridiculous. How many PPV fights have ever even beaten 1 milli buys? Surely a very low %...how many mega fights have failed to reach that target? Yet Floyd is expected to hit that minimum?

As said by someone else earlier Showtime will also benefit in the long run by being associated with Floyd as his name gives their boxing brand more credibility amongst casuals and as we have seen on this board people become loyal to random brands if the athlete/celeb they know/love are attached to it.

Marketing and appearances are key to making money in this world - hence all Apple iProducts are seen as so amazing by people because they are pretty and well marketed, etc (not that some of their products aren't actually of good quality but you get the point)

Comment

Originally posted by apokalips View Post
                  Wow nowadays 800k etc is a "flop" for a PPV...ridiculous. How many PPV fights have ever even beaten 1 milli buys? Surely a very low %...how many mega fights have failed to reach that target? Yet Floyd is expected to hit that minimum?

As said by someone else earlier Showtime will also benefit in the long run by being associated with Floyd as his name gives their boxing brand more credibility amongst casuals and as we have seen on this board people become loyal to random brands if the athlete/celeb they know/love are attached to it.

Marketing and appearances are key to making money in this world - hence all Apple iProducts are seen as so amazing by people because they are pretty and well marketed, etc (not that some of their products aren't actually of good quality but you get the point)
                  Wow someone who talks sense and got knowledge not only in the boxing department, i think youre wrong here buddy

But you know it dont matter what you have to say cause FRANKGWJ is the source man, he never wrong man

Comment

really? i heard a rumor that if floyds next fight doesn't do well he's going to give out 50 dollar hand jobs exclusivly at MGM to make up the difference, his idea

Comment

Originally posted by apokalips View Post

It does when the network comes out and says the fight needs to do at least 1.2 million to make a profit.

Comment

Working...
                      X