Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather might not fight in MAY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^^ in the famous words of Floyd Mayweather "men lie, women lie, numbers don't"!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
      Cotto vs Margarito I did 450k plus
      Cotto vs Margarito II did 650k plus

You trying to tell me a much bigger super star with a much bigger fan base in Canelo Alvarez on May 5 won't do a million plus? Manny biggest PPV was against Cotto. Floyd 2nd and 3rd biggest PPV was against Alvarez and Cotto. And you are trying to tell me that Cotto vs Alvarez won't blow Floyd vs who ever (other than manny) out the water?
      um, yes. Thats what I am telling you. Even if you were right (which you arent), they still wont do it because Floyd will take so many buys away from them. These guys want all there money. Why let the biggest name in sport cut that much into your profit when you can do it another time?

Its people like you that will be excited if Cotto-Canelo did 700,000 while Floyd-Maidana did 600,000 but all GBP or Arum would be thinking is that they couldve sold over a mil if they didnt go head up with Floyd. Showtime & GBP were screaming success with Canelo doing 350 vs Angulo so you know they would be upset if Floyd took 350 away from them
      Last edited by DLT; 06-14-2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        um, yes. Thats what I am telling you. Even if you were right (which you arent), they still wont do it because Floyd will take so many buys away from them. These guys want all there money. Why let the biggest name in sport cut that much into your profit when you can do it another time?

Its people like you that will be excited if Cotto-Canelo did 700,000 while Floyd-Maidana did 600,000 but all GBP or Arum would be thinking is that they couldve sold over a mil if they didnt go head up with Floyd. Showtime & GBP were screaming success with Canelo doing 350 vs Angulo so you know they would be upset if Floyd took 350 away from them
        Stop trying to be rationale; nobody is in the business of losing money and going head to head would be doing that.

Comment

If they do put Cotto/Canelo on Cinco de Mayo next year Floyd would have to budge. I don't think he'd try to compete with that. The only fight that would outsell that fight would be a fight with Pacquiao, and that's probably not happening.

If he does stick to his guns and fights on that weekend he might do less than 300K buys, and that's being on the generous side. Actually I'm kinda hoping this scenario plays out. I'm more than interested in seeing how significant his drawing power is when the circumstances aren't in his favor.

Comment

For whatever reason, he just won't fight Manny. I don't think he's scared but that's the way it comes across to the public. Avoiding Manny is the one truly stupid career move he's made.

Comment

Canelo had a chance to become the #1 guy and beat Floyd on his date. Those dates could have been his had he won that fight. He has to work his way back up if he is going to the guy to continue PPV on those boxing holidays.

Also, Cotto is going to fight when he wants to fight. That weekend may mean nothing to him. This fight can be made anytime. Margarito-Cotto took place at the end of June and it was a sold-out with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post

I totally understand what you are saying as far as if they fought on the same day. Your are absolutely right. What I am saying, if the network HAD TO PICK ONE, I really believe they would pick Cotto vs Alvarez for may 5th over any Floyd vs who ever. Showtime lost a ton on money with Floyd vs Gurerro and Floyd vs Maidana because it did under 1mil buys. In order for showtime to make a profit off Floyd contract, Floyd HAS to pull in at least 1.25 mil a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
                  If they do put Cotto/Canelo on Cinco de Mayo next year Floyd would have to budge. I don't think he'd try to compete with that. The only fight that would outsell that fight would be a fight with Pacquiao, and that's probably not happening.

If he does stick to his guns and fights on that weekend he might do less than 300K buys, and that's being on the generous side. Actually I'm kinda hoping this scenario plays out. I'm more than interested in seeing how significant his drawing power is when the circumstances aren't in his favor.
                  I agree with you!!!

Comment

I made this thread last week, and from what I was told by someone from Shane Mosley camp today while his two sons were training, if Mayweather don't do good numbers in September, Showtime will force him to revise his contract or force him to fight Manny in May to regain revenue lost in the contract. Or Showtime will reserve the May date for Cotto vs Alvarez. HBO may get involve (I.e. Tyson vs Lewis). These are all rumors going around the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama2.0 View Post
                      Your missing the point it wouldn't matter who out sells who. The fight want reach it's full potential from a money stand point going up against a Mayweather fight the same with Mayweather going up against Chavez froch or Canelo Cotto. These ppl wanna make money for sure money. When you get names this big you will wait to have your own night and capitalize. A Cotto Canelo fight may 12th does way more money than a May 5th fight up against Mayweather you know what I mean? From a business stand point they want do it.
                      lol someone sounds scared and doesn't want it to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X