Dang, everybody getting paid more than Kamegai
    Guerrero does not deserve 1m.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      Guerrero does not deserve 1m.
      Sheeeeyyat mofo barely deserves 1K

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        I can't understand some of the responses here. We all want the fighters to get paid well. When they do get paid, we are complaining against their purses. If anything, I thought many of them are being underpaid. Why the hell do you care what Showtime does? Obviously, they can afford it. It's their show.
        i agree. it pisses me off though when a guy who won multiple world titles like dawson gets paid peanuts and untested prospects like loma and russell are making more than half a mil each in a title fight neither one of them deserve.

dawson is one fight removed from being the lineal 175lb champ ffs. loma is coming off a loss too, making him 1-1 and he gets rewarded with another free title shot and more than half a mil while chad gets like 15k? disgusting..

and not just because im a dawson fan, we all know its BS. say what you want about chad but he paid his dues at world level. how the **** are these untested dudes making so much more than him?

dude getting screwed worse than whoever owns the all you can eat buffet he went to after the weigh in.
        Last edited by #1Assassin; 06-21-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          I think Loma vs Russell should be the main event. All the other matchups are trash
          I don't think Alexander-Karass is a bad fight. It's probably going to be boring, but I'm intrigued by the result of it. Karass is a solid gatekeeper type guy and after Alexander lost to Porter I really want to see where he is at this point of his career. Let's be honest here, if Alexander does lose, he'll probably be on ESPN2 or FS1 for quite a while.

Guerrero fight is trash.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            $1.5 million plus a percentage of the ppv sales.
            You mean 1.5m plus zero. Wonder what that adds up to

Comment

JSK/Kamegai would of been better.

Casper/Alexander loser gets cut.

Comment

people forget haymon takes a cut from these purses

another reason why showtime needs to fire their head of boxing, the guy has already lost the network over 40 million combined in 2 fights of the big 3 fights he signed off

now he is paying millions for rubbish fights, just insane at how much richard and haymon are robbing companies, first they stole golden boy fighters and tried to buy out the companies fighters that were left and people still make it out like they are the good guys and now they are also milking showtime

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  i agree. it pisses me off though when a guy who won multiple world titles like dawson gets paid peanuts and untested prospects like loma and russell are making more than half a mil each in a title fight neither one of them deserve.

dawson is one fight removed from being the lineal 175lb champ ffs. loma is coming off a loss too, making him 1-1 and he gets rewarded with another free title shot and more than half a mil while chad gets like 15k? disgusting..

and not just because im a dawson fan, we all know its BS. say what you want about chad but he paid his dues at world level. how the **** are these untested dudes making so much more than him?

dude getting screwed worse than whoever owns the all you can eat buffet he went to after the weigh in.
                  Thank Richard Schaefer for the high pay day. Dawson must not have thanked haymon hard enough

Comment

well, it is a televised tripleheader, right?

still, that's embarrassing.

the best fight on the card is obviously loma and russel JR. those two may very well deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                      I saw that too.

What about Dawson? Is he fighting for free?
                      According to Dan Rafael, Dawson is getting 15K and Blades is getting 20K.

Yes, Dawson is getting paid less than George Blades.

Comment

Working...
                      X