Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Terence Crawford: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Terence Crawford: Who wins?

I see a very close fight. When Gamboa moves and fires rapid and sudden shots, he will be in control. But the talent of Crawford and Gamboa's lack of consistency will give way to other moments where the Nebraskans craft, size, and combinations win the day. Gamboa hasn't appeared to bring his power up to 135, though he is still a good puncher.

Crawford is greater polish, a result of being active, will serve him well in this fight, as will being at home. Crawford may have to rise from a knockdown, but I see him edging a close one.

Both fighters have exactly the same record. A win in this fight would instantly restore credibility to the dormant career of Gamboa. If Crawford were able to pull it off, it would nudge him ever closer to the top tier of the sport.
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    44.00%
    Terence Crawford
    56.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Jame$; 06-18-2014, 01:41 PM.

I think this a great close fight. I voted for Gamboa and I think he will win if he can still fight as good as I've seen him fight before when he is at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I think this a great close fight. I voted for Gamboa and I think he will win if he can still fight as good as I've seen him fight before when he is at his best.
      He only fought twice since 2011, Crawford's had nearly four times as much fights since that time and is also the bigger man, he has no problem making 140lbs. If Gamboa fights like he did against Darley Perez he will lose.

Comment

Some recent footage of Gamboa sparring, he's looking slow for a lightweight and was leaving himself open a lot, that's gonna be a serious problem against Crawford.

Comment

And STILL lightweight champion of the world!!! Terence Crawford!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jame$ View Post
            Some recent footage of Gamboa sparring, he's looking slow for a lightweight and was leaving himself open a lot, that's gonna be a serious problem against Crawford.

If Crawford did his homework, he'll be planning on countering Gamboa after exchanges. He actually needs to let Gamboa come to him and use his aggression against him. He tends to relax after throwing combinations. With that being said, I think Gamboa could hurt this guy and stop him.

Comment

The smaller gamboa will have alot of trouble with crawford who also has a longer reach and will use it on this fight. I see gamboa getting possibly dropped in this fight . I got Crawford in a competitive but clear decision

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                If Crawford did his homework, he'll be planning on countering Gamboa after exchanges. He actually needs to let Gamboa come to him and use his aggression against him. He tends to relax after throwing combinations. With that being said, I think Gamboa could hurt this guy and stop him.
                Gamboa is the naturally smaller guy and his power didn't carry well up to lightweight, he's not going to KO a guy who can make 140lbs easy. Man a lot of you guys are sleeping on Crawford!

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
                  The smaller gamboa will have alot of trouble with crawford who also has a longer reach and will use it on this fight. I see gamboa getting possibly dropped in this fight . I got Crawford in a competitive but clear decision
                  THIS.

Crawford is too crafty and he schooled the guy that KO'ed Amir Khan. Gamboa had poor defense in the lower weights, and he's even slower now at lightweight. Crawford's gonna get on that bike early and keep Gamboa at the end of his punches all night long!

Comment

If you don't know who Crawford is check this video out.

Comment

Working...
                    X