Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better commentator - Paulie or Andre SOG Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer Paulie.

Comment

They both seem very good to me but I voted for Ward. I don't like to watch Ward fight but he seems like a very good, intelligent clear commentator and he doesn't talk your ears off. I prefer both of them to Lampley who does not seem to know much about boxing even though he thinks he does. Lampley will always be happy to talk your ears off right in the middle of a good fight. I find him an annoying distraction.

Comment

im probably in the minority but i really like wards commentary. he makes good observations and focuses on the fight itself providing excellent technical and strategic input on the action.

paulie does too, just to a lesser extent. but paulie is a better talker in general which obviously adds to his ability to commentate. overall i would give a slight edge to ward just because im starting to grow real tired of paulie going "uhmm" 3583957658592 times a broadcast.

Comment

paulie isn't just better, he's much better. he's the best expert commentator in boxing.

honestly, he's one of the best i've ever heard call a fight. the guy was a very good fighter, but he's going to be a great, maybe even hall of fame broadcaster.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin;14667105[I
            ]im probably in the minority but i really like wards commentary.[/I] he makes good observations and focuses on the fight itself providing excellent technical and strategic input on the action.

paulie does too, just to a lesser extent. but paulie is a better talker in general which obviously adds to his ability to commentate. overall i would give a slight edge to ward just because im starting to grow real tired of paulie going "uhmm" 3583957658592 times a broadcast.

why am i not surprised?

Comment

Fighters like Roy, paulie and tarver are the only commentators worth listening to while watching a fight. Listening to guys that haven't even fought themselves is almost as bad as reading NSB, with some of the things those guys say. Note I said almost

George foreman is the only fighter-commentator who wasn't that good. He's just a bit of a strange dude and would always make some bizarre observation that half the time wasn't even relevant. But even then sometimes he made an astute observation.

Comment

Ward is like a ****** with a speech impediment compared to Paulie!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  why am i not surprised?
                  uhhhmmmm.. i don't.. uhhmmmmm.. like uhmmmm kno.. uuhmmmm know?

seriously though, how y'all gonna say a dude with a freaking speech impediment is this great commentator? why not just get paul williams in there know im sayin'?

Comment

Ward commentating is like listening to the guy from the Clear Eyes commercial. He has good insight but is just too bland to listen too. Paulie is animated and exciting to listen too along with him pointing out important insight during the fight.

Comment

I like both, neither one more then the other. For those that don't think Ward is good at commentating you're in luck, he won't be fighting anyone anytime soon so he'll get lots of practice to live up to your standards.

Comment

Working...
                      X