No announcement yet.

DIBELLA: "NO problem with the knee or hand... Martinez was taking a BEATING."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
    "martinez wanted me to let everyone know, there was no problems with the knee, there was no problem with the hand. it was a perfect shot in the first round and he basically fought dizzy for the entire fight after that" that explains it all (fought dizzy for the rest of the fight) makes a hell of a lot more sense then the conspiracy theories that butt hurt fans have created in mass..........
    Yeah, the fact that both his knees were heavily strapped having had surgeries on them is a "conspiracy theory"

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Yeah, the fact that both his knees were heavily strapped having had surgeries on them is a "conspiracy theory"
      there was no injuries against martinez's knees in this fight (none) As I've told you all. martinez himself said that his knees were fine (he just got caught with a punch that made him dizzy) what more do you want? jesus ****

whooooohahahahahaha!!!!

Comment

there was no injuries against martinez's knees in this fight (none) As I've told you all. martinez himself said that his knees were fine (he just got caught with a punch that made him dizzy) what more do you want? jesus ****

whooooohahahahahaha!!!!

No reasoning with stupidity.

Comment

The conspiracy theories are about Martinez being so unhealthy that the commission was bribed to clear him for the fight.

That is the level of humanity that some Martinez fans reduce themselves to.

Comment

Every realistic boxing fan and casual fan knows Sergio knees were shot and he had no legs under him. I dont understand why Cotto fans cant see this, the homerism cant be that much, cant it?

Comment

what did you expected, martinez is a gentleman, he wasn't going to put any excuse. he gave cotto his props, did cotto give margarito props when he beat him up the first time? oh no... the plaster doe

Comment

No reasoning with stupidity.
                where is the proof? if he injured his knees in this fight where is the proof? (is he gonna have immediate surgery?) or did he sprang his knee? what actually happened? the burden of proof is on YOU. because I'm going by what martinez has confirmed with his own words, & the updates regarding what medical attention they give to his knees (and theres been none)

the burden of proof is on you because I've rest my case (me along with martinez himself)
                Last edited by Godsfly; 06-08-2014, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Major respect to Dibella and the entire Maravilla team. No excuses.

Comment

where is the proof? if he injured his knees in this fight where is the proof? (is he gonna have immediate surgery?) or did he sprang his knee? what actually happened? the burden of proof is on YOU. because I'm going by what martinez has confirmed with his own words, & the updates regarding what medical attention they give to his knees (and theres been none)

the burden of proof is on you because I've rest my case (me along with martinez himself)
                    Dude the proof is clear as long as you're not choking on Cottos dick. Even Cottos conditioning guy...during 24/7 said something along the lines of "Why is Martinez wearing a metal braces if he isnt injured".

Comment

I am the original Martinez stan on Boxingscene. I registered for this site and made my first post about Martinez back in early 2009.

Both men took a risk last night; Martinez was gambling hard by fighting Cotto after a 14 month layoff with no tuneup. Cotto as well; after getting shut out by Trout, there was a very good chance he could have been completely embarrassed last night, going all the way up to 160 after having mixed results at 154.

I don't believe is blaming losses on injuries, catch weights, etc. Fighters can pull out of fights or turn down offers; if you walked into the ring and took the people's hard earned money, you have certified you are prepared to fight. That applies to fighters I love as well as fighters I hate.

Did Martinez lose last night because of his knees? His accumulated injuries? Cotto catching him early?

It doesn't matter.

He lost and lost handily. Cotto deserves 100% credit. Sure, Miguel got a past-it Martinez last night, but he very well might have gotten a dangerous, rejuvenated Martinez. He took that risk when he signed the contract and it worked out in his favor. Someone had to win and someone had to lose.

Martinez is 40 and badly worn down. Maybe take an easy farewell fight back home and retire.
                      Last edited by paulf; 06-08-2014, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X