Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy: Does Miguel Surpass Oscar and Tito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
    tito would ko miguel. tito has power that is wrong for cotto.

cotto would outbox oscar considering oscar always loses his big fights.
    Whitaker, Quartey, Chavez, Sturm, Vargas, Hernandes, Ruelas weren't big fights?

Comment

No way........

Cotto is my boy but no way does he defeat Oscar. Matter of fact, he gets Ko'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Ummmmmm No.

But Cotto made himself a legit Hall of Fame fighter tonight in my eyes. Sergio old or not, was still the man at 160. Cotto earns all credit tonight.
        He was the man on paper, but I and many other fans had Murray beating him already.

Comment

Nope cotto is still under Tito nuts. Cotto has lost to many of his important fights

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            He was the man on paper, but I and many other fans had Murray beating him already.
            you had Murray winning a fight that Murray himself believes he lost and most journalists who were there...OK

Comment

Miguel Cotto is very good against fighters with that "cute" style like Quintana, Malignaggi, Martinez, Foreman, Judah. If you try to be cute, Cotto will destroy you. Trout and Mayweather managed to pull off the win despite them having that type of style Cotto is good against, though I had Cotto-Trout draw.

Trinidad and DLH's styles are far from cute, these guys would tower Cotto and will come right after him. The way they fight will definitely make the weight matter. Martinez's height and weight were are not needed in his fights because of his style. DLH and Trinidad both go right after Cotto, box him if they have to, and TKO him eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                you had Murray winning a fight that Murray himself believes he lost and most journalists who were there...OK
                Many fans had Murray winning.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=594830

This particular poll shows 6 more fans had Martinez winning than Murray losing, 55-61. That is quite a lot of fans who felt the same as I did about the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                  Tito and Oscar tried out the MW champ and got stopped...
                  Yes, because comparing Bernard Hopkins to last night's Martinez is even remotely sane. *Rolls Eyes*

Comment

Tito left hook ends it ,Oscar left hook ends it. The moral to this is both fighters had great left hooks.

Comment

Murray-Martinez:

Total punches: 160-134 - in favor of Murray
                      Power punches: 128-87 - in favor of Murray

Not to mention the blown knock down, which would have made it two KD's for Murray.

Murray admitting he lost:

Murray said "If it was fair scoring then I would have got the decision, but it was always an uphill battle in Argentina there's no way I'll get another opportunity. I had him down twice, bossed him. I've proven I belong at the world level."

Source: B-xingnews24

Comment

Working...
                      X