Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy: Does Miguel Surpass Oscar and Tito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy: Does Miguel Surpass Oscar and Tito?

What a great victory for the Puerto Rican champion tonight. I didn't think he could do it. He looked amazing at 160.

Would Cotto have given hell to Tito and Oscar at any weight? (147 thru 160)?

Great display tonight by the new Middleweight Champ!

Of course he'd give them both hell. He's an elite level boxer with tremendous body punching, and great combination punching.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      Of course he'd give them both hell. He's an elite level boxer with tremendous body punching, and great combination punching.
      I disagree. I think both men are horrible matchups for Cotto and would beat him rather easily

Comment

Tito yes..

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
          Tito yes..
          no. Great fighter. There is nothing wrong with being behind Tito

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            I disagree. I think both men are horrible matchups for Cotto and would beat him rather easily
            Then I don't know what to tell you. I think Cotto is every bit as good as a young Fernando Vargas with more punching power at 147, and Oscar wasn't the mover to not get hit.

I've seen Cotto deal with speed (for Oscar), and I've seen that he has a good enough beard to get his licks in on Tito for as long as it lasted (Mosley fight).

Comment

prime for prime they both beat him. he'd make it interesting vs tito, similar to the way vargas did but he'd get sparked out. his legacy isn't greater than either imo. oscar's fought the best guys he's fought and more.

Comment

Ummmmmm No.

But Cotto made himself a legit Hall of Fame fighter tonight in my eyes. Sergio old or not, was still the man at 160. Cotto earns all credit tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                  Then I don't know what to tell you. I think Cotto is every bit as good as a young Fernando Vargas with more punching power at 147, and Oscar wasn't the mover to not get hit.

I've seen Cotto deal with speed (for Oscar), and I've seen that he has a good enough beard to get his licks in on Tito for as long as it lasted (Mosley fight).
                  you severely underrate a prime Vargas. He runs through Cotto IMO. Dont get him mixed up with the guy who Tito ruined. The Vargas that fought Cotto would beat him without a doubt. Oscar was a very good boxer and he's a harder puncher than Cotto himself. If you just go back one fight you wouldnt have thought none of this. Now the Sergio win makes Cotto the favorite against all these top notch guys? Cotto is a great fighter. Again, I dont want to disrespect him but he's not better than any of those guys in there prime. You can say he has a better legacy that Vargas but prime for prime, Vargas runs through him IMO

Comment

Legacy wise I think he stands on the same soapbox as Trinidad.. DLH is somewhat greater than Cotto still imo. If Oscar and Tito did the fusion dance I feel Cotto would be a byproduct of their merging together.

Comment

Working...
                    X