No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Beats Down Martinez, Makes History at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    I think Roach had ZERO impact on anything that happened last night. We'll see the Roach impact, if there is any, when Cotto meets some resistance in the ring. Its easy to show new wrinkles when nothing is in front of you. Don't know how long you've been following boxing. but after the loss to Morales. Roach yapped and yapped about "he" had transformed Pac into a complete fighter. But all he did was match Manny with a washed up Morales a bunch of times. And as soon as he got in ring with a live body in the second JMM fight. Pac turned right back into the same jab, jab, straight left hand fighter with crappy balance and continually put himself in awful positionsv to be countered like he always had been.
    Been following boxing for a long time, and I do remember the Morales/Pac, and yes, I remember what Roach said...he did lead him to two victories against Morales after by whitewash...but I digress because Pac didn't box and was not a complete boxer in those victories....and the only credit I give Roach for this is the left hook to the body, not the head, because the body shot has been missing....now if Cotto decides to keep using it once he gets another quality opponent in the ring is up to him....because, like you said (and you were right), will Cotto have the discipline to stay with the body, or will he just start throwing head shots....very good point on that, I couldn't agree more.....

Comment

• Originally posted by skillz321 View Post
      I'm not trying to be a **** right now..so don't jump all over me, but it seems as if you are saying that Martinez would have won if not for Chavez and the knee, BUT this version of Cotto could beat Mayweather? So, Cotto loses or COULD lose to Martinez BUT would beat Mayweather? That's just very confusing, because if Cotto can't beat Martinez....he ABSOLUTELY cannot beat Mayweather.....
      To me, Cotto was far more effective against Floyd than Maidana. So if Floyd goes the rematch route, I'd rather it be Cotto. But personally I don't have a lotta interest in either of those fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        this is on the same level as delvin win.. sergo looked 50 years old
        Oh **** off. Cotto won a great fight last night

Comment

• [QUOTE=Miguel Quiros;14639150]Many people didn't gave Cotto a chance, he was the underdog with Martinez a 2 to 1 favorite yet now that Cotto has won excuses are raining, moreover, if Cotto would have lost then the lines would've been like Cotto was to little, he didn't have the power, he lost to an old man, etc. etc... He won, he looked great and he did want he was suppose to do and that is to fight and win. Cotto vs Mayweather 2. Hell with Canelo and any other fighter. Cotto and Mayweather don't have that much time left to waste chasing others with little to offer, it's about the $$$$$$ and a Asecond fight will do just that lots of more $$$$$.[/About the money?? Canelo offered him.more money but he prefered Sergio QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
            To me, Cotto was far more effective against Floyd than Maidana. So if Floyd goes the rematch route, I'd rather it be Cotto. But personally I don't have a lotta interest in either of those fights.
            I watched the Maidana fight several times, and you are right....Cotto was more effective, and anyone claiming Maidana was robbed may be wearing a helmet for self preservation....And if there was to be a rematch I would rather it be Cotto also, but no way Mayweather takes the risk against Cotto, even though I know Floyd thinks he can win in the same fashion and very well may, but no reason to take the risk of "what if." But, I do have a question....if not Cotto, who does Floyd fight? Is there anyone left?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Oh **** off. Cotto won a great fight last night
              Agreed...that dude is just trolling hard

Comment

• Haven't seen the fight yet, but sounds like Miguel did his homework and kicked the snot out of a faded Maravilla.

As a proud member of the Cotto Cartel, I'll take it!

Bring on Canelo!

War Cotto!!!

Comment

• Hey, something fishy about Cotto. He just fought a man with an injured knee, fought Margarito who had an injured eye, and fought Foreman who had a oeg leg. Why? Cotto is great I think beyter than Mayweather but those wins are blurry.

Comment

• Now everybody know why COTTO wanted the red corner,the last to enter in the ring,his name first,etc...because HE IS THE BOSS!!! aahhahahahhahhahah haaaaaaaatttteeeeeeeers kill you!!!
                    He showed that at the very FIRST LEFT HOOK!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
                      They get way too much credit for fighters, sometimes you see a guy make a good adjustment because of what one of them mention but not often enought. Hell the commentators are usually saying it before the trainers.
                      Lamply's **** sucking Roach was disgusting last night was disgusting. I can understand the d1ckridin' of DLH back in the day and more recently Manny because they were keeping bread in his stomach. But he gave Roach more credit for last night than he gave Cotto. That f.uck **** he said about "how good would Cotto have been had he trained with Roach his whole career" damn near made me earl

Comment

Working...
                      X