No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson vs. George Blades on June 21

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY!

i was getting scared politics were gonna **** my boy over and not give him a shot to rebound, which he will if given the chance. AND HE HAS!

these dudes are in trouble, my man got plenty of time to get his body and mind right. hes ready. the old chad is coming back i just know it.

Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      FINALLY!

i was getting scared politics were gonna **** my boy over and not give him a shot to rebound, which he will if given the chance. AND HE HAS!

these dudes are in trouble, my man got plenty of time to get his body and mind right. hes ready. the old chad is coming back i just know it.

Dawson
      He needs a better team around him, so hopefully Haymon helps with that. Why he went down to 168 when he had a Pascal rematch in front of him at 175 I will never understand. Two TKO losses later and he has to build from the ground again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        He needs a better team around him, so hopefully Haymon helps with that. Why he went down to 168 when he had a Pascal rematch in front of him at 175 I will never understand. Two TKO losses later and he has to build from the ground again.
        He says HBO pressured him to go down to 168 to fight Ward.

His trainer at the time, John Scully, would be someone to ask about the details.

Comment

Dawson is talented enough to get back into the mix at 175 if he stays focus and he gets a Trainer and STICKS WITH HIM! He should have stayed with Mayweather Sr IMO because it has been downhill since he left him because Sr. was "TOO STRICT"

Since the Adamek fight things got too easy for him and he lost his edge

This Card is Outstanding by the way! Top to Bottom

Soto Karass vs Alexander will be very interesting
          Last edited by sicko; 06-07-2014, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Nice card. I've always been a fan of Dawson. I hope he does well in his comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
              He says HBO pressured him to go down to 168 to fight Ward.

His trainer at the time, John Scully, would be someone to ask about the details.
              He was pressured only after he called out Andre Ward on TV and specifically said he would be glad to fight at 168 in the post-fight interview of Dawson-Hopkins 2. He was the champ and one of HBOs favorites at the time.; No one made him do anything.

Scully, to his credit, said he was not included in the decision making process or negotiations for the Ward fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                You know your supposed to channel surf between rounds right. Also take dumps and piss breaks you got 60 seconds man.
                Lol I tried but there was another fight on and didn't expect much in the first minute

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                  http://www.fighthype.com/news/article17190.html

Looks like former light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson may be added to the upcoming June 21 Showtime card.

Also on the card:

Gary Russell Jr. vs. Vasyl Lomachenko
                  Robert Guerrero vs. Yoshihiro Kamegai
                  Devon Alexander vs. Jesus Soto Karass
                  damn thats a good card

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Dawson fighting Erdei's leftovers, smh.
                    He fought Pascal last year do you see the pattern now.

Comment

I'm still shocked a little bit how far Dawson fell. I mean the dude got KO'd by #2 P4P Andre Ward, and then to the LHW champion of the world...and that puts him so far down this undercard that there were 6 people in the stands? And he gets paid basically a Toyota Corrolla for this? WTF? Hell even Victor Ortiz, after getting stopped what -- three times in a row or some ****, and he even got himself a main event on FOX Sports.

Obviously Chad's stock was way down, but this down?? I think it's absolutely stunning how low his stock is.

Comment

Working...
                      X