Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib wrecker returns...Cotto lookin vicious

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There should be a emphasis on bodywork against Sergio but will he once he catches a counter or few if Cotto fights with mean intentions this could really turn into a firefight I question how much moving Sergio will attempt he's been pointing out who he believes is the puncher in this match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I kind of disagree, I think he works hard and trains hard but only up to the point he wants to be at. I just never felt that he prepared himself for the worst case scenarios where he has to go beyond what he wants to do. Guys that pushed the pace on him making him fight harder than he wants have had great success against him, that should not happen to a guy trained to the absolute highest level possible.

It is not that he does not work hard it is how far he pushes himself with that hard work I think.
      thats not a fair speculation. how do u know he didnt train for the worst? maybe he just doesnt have what it takes or the other guy is just better than him? fighters could train at their best and be 100% but still gets beaten. that doesnt mean they didnt train 100% for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        Where was Cotto's Rib Wrecker in the first Margarito fight? Ohhhhhh!!!! NOWHERE!!
        you would've cried a river if Cotto went to the body....if he'd not been able to hit Marg in the face so easily maybe he would've won that fight....sounds crazy huh? lol....Cotto got caught up in being able to hit Marg with so much ease in the face that he totally neglected his body.....would've slowed Marg down imo.....Mosley hit him with a body shot in the first round of their fight and imo THAT set the tone

so yeah, I honestly believe Cotto wins that first fight if he'd went to the body....I also think Cotto getting that busted nose early affected his mental game a bit.....probably another reason why such a deadly body puncher neglected to go to the body that night

man, so many mysteries about that night....HBO gotta do a "Legendary Nights" for that one lol.....matter fact, make that the next one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
          Manny is a southpaw but not exactly the style of fighter that Sergio is. Quintana and Judah remind me more of Sergio than PAC and Cotto knocked both them out. I know Cotto lost bad to Trout but I honestly feel like he just slept on him. Didn't know how good he could be and underestimated him.
          I hope so for Cotto's sake really.
          He seemed to have big problems with Trouts jab & was visibly hurt throughout really by the left to the body.
          Sergio's biggest weapons IMO

Taking the size difference and everything out I really feel this is another terrible style match up for him. He certainly isn't one for picking easy fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            Lmfao you just can't help it huh??? Hate on Cotto on the regular and u bring up plasterito when nobody is even talking about that cheating bozo. It's so sad my G. You go so hard for a guy that got busted trying to cheat and then ktfo. What's wrong with u??

Man, I say the same **** about el pato ese Fabuloso everyday..WTF is really wrong with dudes that are obsessed over tainted victories? Like Who TF does that?

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
              Yeah, I suppose I see your perspective, but to me Cotto is the beast he is; no more or less. A pressure fighter who courageously leaves it in the ring.

To me, that suggests when he's fallen short it wasn't due to a lack of preparation, or pushing himself I suppose, but due to the fact that - in my eyes- when the pressure fighter is pressured (Margarito, Pacquiao) his gameplan fails him and his training is for naught and the warrior goes out on his shield.

Maybe that's just my slanted view of Cotto.
              It can go both ways really, I have watched Cotto for a long time and while he is a fine fighter who I enjoy watching I can't say I am a huge fan. You are right he obviously trains hard, but just watching and listening to him talk about training I always got the feeling that he trains how he wants to fight, and there is something to be said for that method as it builds repetition. However the problem comes when you have to do more than you want.

It is probably a bit of both really.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                It can go both ways really, I have watched Cotto for a long time and while he is a fine fighter who I enjoy watching I can't say I am a huge fan. You are right he obviously trains hard, but just watching and listening to him talk about training I always got the feeling that he trains how he wants to fight, and there is something to be said for that method as it builds repetition. However the problem comes when you have to do more than you want.

It is probably a bit of both really.
                When the time comes for him to do more, he's already gassed. His stamina let him down vs Mayweather and Trout. Is his stamina from lack of preparation or the weight? Who knows.

Comment

Funny that this supposed "EXPOSED" video which shows NOTHING at all would come from BORICUA boxing...way to support your own people.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                    as if martinez have no flaws himself LOL!! i like how u only pointed out the openinings from cotto but act like martinez pitches a perfect fight everytime LOL.
                    Hey genius!!! Did you happen to see Sergio in the posted video. Unless I missed something, the thread topic was about Cotto and the vid was showing Cotto whaling away at Roach.

Naturally the comments would follow suit .... smh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                      Hey genius!!! Did you happen to see Sergio in the posted video. Unless I missed something, the thread topic was about Cotto and the vid was showing Cotto whaling away at Roach.

Naturally the comments would follow suit .... smh!!!
                      hey einstein is cotto not fighting martinez this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                      X