Rib wrecker returns...Cotto lookin vicious

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Hes finally banned.
    dude was an ignorant old fool. glad he's gone with his ultra racist comments. with some people, you can see their class, upbringing and education level just by the way they strike the keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
      My only caveat here would be that Miguel has ALWAYS looked to me like he trains hard. I mean, Cotto has fought great opposition and seems to beast through training camp often. It makes him easy to root for. Head down, focused, fights hard and doesn't balk at challenges.

That said, every time he's lost - and gotten beaten up badly- it was because despite his courage, and hard training, and how great he looked BEFORE the fight, his prefight intensity only makes it a more bitter pill to swallow for fans when he loses.

I'm saying Miguel doesn't lose from a lack of effort. Let's be real. If he fights Roach wearing a punching vest he'll destroy him with body shots. But if he loses it's not going to be because of a lack of trying.

Poor guy tried hard even when he got his ass whooped.

Jus sayin.
      Cotto is notorious for running out of steam and tiring in the later rounds, so it's always made me question just how good his conditioning has always been.

Comment

My only caveat here would be that Miguel has ALWAYS looked to me like he trains hard. I mean, Cotto has fought great opposition and seems to beast through training camp often. It makes him easy to root for. Head down, focused, fights hard and doesn't balk at challenges.

That said, every time he's lost - and gotten beaten up badly- it was because despite his courage, and hard training, and how great he looked BEFORE the fight, his prefight intensity only makes it a more bitter pill to swallow for fans when he loses.

I'm saying Miguel doesn't lose from a lack of effort. Let's be real. If he fights Roach wearing a punching vest he'll destroy him with body shots. But if he loses it's not going to be because of a lack of trying.

Jus sayin.
        Miguel always leaves it all in the ring. No shame in that...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          Here's something I did notice ...

- Roach is pretty stationary for those body shots (Sergio won't be)
          - Cotto is still leaving himself wide open for uppercuts & overhand rights

I already bet 100billion on Sergio to take this fight and after watching this short video .... I think 1trillion would be a safer bet.
          as if martinez have no flaws himself LOL!! i like how u only pointed out the openinings from cotto but act like martinez pitches a perfect fight everytime LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            Where was Cotto's Rib Wrecker in the first Margarito fight? Ohhhhhh!!!! NOWHERE!!
            Lmfao you just can't help it huh??? Hate on Cotto on the regular and u bring up plasterito when nobody is even talking about that cheating bozo. It's so sad my G. You go so hard for a guy that got busted trying to cheat and then ktfo. What's wrong with u??
            Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 06-06-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              It's no secret that Martinez basically has the kind of style that Cotto has historically eaten for breakfast - the southpaw who keeps his hands low and consciously gives up ground. It all looks very good on paper.

Until Martinez starts landing straight left hands and right hooks that is..

He has lost badly vs two southpaws and looked **** against every other.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                He has lost badly vs two southpaws and looked **** against every other.
                Manny is a southpaw but not exactly the style of fighter that Sergio is. Quintana and Judah remind me more of Sergio than PAC and Cotto knocked both them out. I know Cotto lost bad to Trout but I honestly feel like he just slept on him. Didn't know how good he could be and underestimated him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
                  dude was an ignorant old fool. glad he's gone with his ultra racist comments. with some people, you can see their class, upbringing and education level just by the way they strike the keys.
                  Ignorant and a fool, yes. But I doubt he was old. He'll be back tho. Probably got an alt somewhere around here already.

Comment

Jus sayin.
                    I kind of disagree, I think he works hard and trains hard but only up to the point he wants to be at. I just never felt that he prepared himself for the worst case scenarios where he has to go beyond what he wants to do. Guys that pushed the pace on him making him fight harder than he wants have had great success against him, that should not happen to a guy trained to the absolute highest level possible.

It is not that he does not work hard it is how far he pushes himself with that hard work I think.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      I kind of disagree, I think he works hard and trains hard but only up to the point he wants to be at. I just never felt that he prepared himself for the worst case scenarios where he has to go beyond what he wants to do. Guys that pushed the pace on him making him fight harder than he wants have had great success against him, that should not happen to a guy trained to the absolute highest level possible.

It is not that he does not work hard it is how far he pushes himself with that hard work I think.
                      Yeah, I suppose I see your perspective, but to me Cotto is the beast he is; no more or less. A pressure fighter who courageously leaves it in the ring.

To me, that suggests when he's fallen short it wasn't due to a lack of preparation, or pushing himself I suppose, but due to the fact that - in my eyes- when the pressure fighter is pressured (Margarito, Pacquiao) his gameplan fails him and his training is for naught and the warrior goes out on his shield.

Maybe that's just my slanted view of Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X