Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lou DiBella: Cotto Fight is Huge For Martinez's Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez has never fought a 3 time world champion 1st ballot hall of famer that has won titles in 3 different weight divisions before. This is why this fight is so huge for Dibella and Martinez. They feel honored.

Comment

Cotto is getting stopped people are insane if they think he is not. Cotto is a chinny b!itch. It's mismatch Sergio by ko. Cotto will loose this fight like he does every other major fight

Comment

This fight will not make Cotto an ATG just like it won't really do much for Martinez legacy. This fight is just a great fight for true boxing fans.

Comment

I think Martinez and Cotto are both past prime but, for me, it doesn't diminish this fight it ADDS to it. I'm in that group that feels a few years ago this wouldn't have been a fight because Sergio would have walked through Cotto.

Now, I think it might be a bit more even (still going with a healthy Maravilla though).

To me, Martinez just needs a solid name to pad the resume before a farewell clash in Argentina for his grand finale. It will help him establish his legacy, as poor or strong as you feel it will be, and that can actually push a man near his end, faced with his aging and mortality, quite hard to achieve while he can.

Cotto, on the other hand, would gain quite a bit here if he became the middleweight champion of the world, in the sense he now has another round of big money fights he can cash out on -and we know Miguel fights top guys so you can start picking the big names at 160; even if that might be a scary idea for Cotto fans in actuality.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Go look at miguel's Boxrec since he beat mosley..get back to me on that cuz. As I said I rode hard for Cotto, let the facts speak for themselves....he's got one more belt than those guys I mentioned do..it ends there. Just cause that's a boriquen brother does not mean you have to be in denial over the truth. You ain't gotta agree with me but his record actually does.
            Dude, all I have to say besides the FACT that Cotto's record is better than those two fighters, he fought them both and wrecked them both on fight night. Cotto is a future hall of fame member. If he wins this Saturday it will make him a first ballad hall of famer. With all the Facts of his record aside he is one of the most exciting fighters of this generation. And that has nothing to do with him being a fellow boricua.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Huge for Sergio's legacy = You won't be able to fk with Sergio in negotiations anymore after he layeth the smacketh on the hoeth cotto.

People will read into this way too much..this is all about respect and money...Cotto is TR's version of Malignaggi and Judah and yes he may have a little more gas left in the tank than those guys but doesn't mean he ain't in the same category.
              Dude you just made yourself sound like an ass.... comparing cotto to them hahahahahahah Like i said before, a picture of jack johnson for what. You dont know **** about boxing. Log off, go home, you are drunk.

Comment

How? He didn't do anything to deserve that shot and he's coming up in weight. Cotto is also 1-2 in his last 3 fights. How does it enhance legacy? I don't get it.

What he needs to do to enhance his legacy, fight the other champions and be undisputed. People in his own weight division.

Comment

Working...
                X