Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lou DiBella: Cotto Fight is Huge For Martinez's Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it fu$k. beating a guy at 160 who made a career at 147 isnt what i call a legacy defining fight. it isnt even sergios best win, his fight with pavlik, williams and chavez are much better wins
    Last edited by Skip Bayless; 06-05-2014, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HateBoxing View Post
      is it fu$k. beating a guy at 160 who made a career at 147 isnt what i call a legacy defining fight. it isnt even sergios best win, his fight with pavlik, williams and chavez are much better wins
      Sergio made his career at 47 too, and hes a small middleweight so if he can beat cotto he should get the credit. And besides though you dont think this win(if it happens) lines up with pavlik amongst others, you cant deny cotto is the biggest name he has fought...

Comment

Its crayzie how some posters are in here thinking this is an easy fight, and cotto has no chance based off sergios size advantage!!! Smaller guys have been beating bigger fighters for decades, mosely over oscar, pac over margarito, hagler over hearns, jones over ruiz and ect... this is no different... and though this is a tough fight its definately a fight cotto can win.. and i expect him to pull it off saturday night!!!
        Last edited by LouIE G; 06-05-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
          Its crayzie how some posters are in here thinking this is an easy fight, and cotto has no chance based off sergios size advantage!!! Smaller guys have been beating bigger fighters for decades, mosely over oscar, pac over margarito, hagler over hearns, jones over ruiz and ect... this is no different... and though this is a tough fight its definately a fight cotto can win.. and i expect him to pull it off saturday night!!!
          Personally, I don't think Sergio wins because of his size... I think he wins because of his talent. Cotto is now as good as he's been in a long while, but I just don't think he has answers for Sergio's speed, slickness, and power. We'll see though. This fight will prove alot for both fighters, whichever way it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            Personally, I don't think Sergio wins because of his size... I think he wins because of his talent. Cotto is now as good as he's been in a long while, but I just don't think he has answers for Sergio's speed, slickness, and power. We'll see though. This fight will prove alot for both fighters, whichever way it goes.
            I hear you but his talent is based of his athletsism, and personally i tbink he is a very akward puncher who throws basically a 1-2 combo and jabs he doesnt put punches together well and i dont know if it has to do. With reinjuring his hand or what, but cottos talent shouldnt be over looked, he fought in the olympics and his skills are based off of technique. The fighter with the better technique (cotto) is the fighter i think will win!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
              Did you just put Cotto in the same category as Malignagi and Judah? Are you F345king ******? I'm sorry I couldn't help my self that has got to be the ******est comment I've read here in a while. WOW
              Go look at miguel's Boxrec since he beat mosley..get back to me on that cuz. As I said I rode hard for Cotto, let the facts speak for themselves....he's got one more belt than those guys I mentioned do..it ends there. Just cause that's a boriquen brother does not mean you have to be in denial over the truth. You ain't gotta agree with me but his record actually does.

Comment

This by far Martinez's biggest fight legacy wise. He said he always dreamed of fighting at MSG.

Comment

Will be huge if he loses. Even with the injuries, getting beaten by Cotto would put a huge dent in Sergio's reputation and legacy. It's hard to see him getting a lot of credit if he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Is Cotto an ATG if he wins? I assume it depends heavily on how Martinez looks, but I'm wondering what people think about that.
                    Too many haters for cotto to be an atg after a win. If cotto wins, we'll just be hearing a lot of excuses and detractions.

If any things tho, it would just solidify his legend status.

Comment

Didn't read but no Cotto is not. It's not huge for legacy. It makes for heavier pockets and really, that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X