Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe: "Froch has not matched my legacy and doesn't have ability to go to the US"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe: "Froch has not matched my legacy and doesn't have ability to go to the US"

Recent Calzaghe interview.

Joe Calzaghe believes Carl Froch has not matched his legacy despite knocking out George Groves at Wembley last weekend.

Froch has since talked about either retiring or fighting in America Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr in Las Vegas.

Calzaghe finished his career by beating Bernard Hopkins in Sin City and Roy Jones Jnr in New York in the space of seven months in 2008.

“Not everyone can go out and conquer America,” said Calzaghe.

“A lot of people make comparisons to Carl Froch’s career to mine.

“But I don’t think there’s a comparison. I was undefeated, went to America and conquered America.

“I defeated two legends out there at different weights.

“I was the number one fighter, the number one champion at Super Middleweight and Light Heavyweight.

“Froch has gone out to America and lost where he was bossed by Andre Ward.
    “He has obviously had a great career. He’s fought 14 world title fights in a row which is very good for a fighter.

“I fought 24 world title fights in a row.

“Take nothing away from him. At the end of the day I’m in the Hall of Fame this week.

Jesus this euro boxer really projects lack of confidence

Does he really buy his bs about "conquering america" by beating over the hill greats?

Kids, this is why you don't protect your 0. You grow a guilty conscience about it

Comment

Lol what a douchebag

Comment

Calzaghe is a joke compared to froch.

Comment

There's no smoke without fire, and you don't get branded 'ducker joe' for no reason.

Comment

eating popcorn to watch this thread get serious...could froch calzaghe actually happen???

Comment

Joe needs to STFU.

Jealous Froch sells far more tickets and has had way more big fights.

Evans Ashira indeed.

Jealous idiot with the most padded record in boxing history.

Froch is way more popular than Calzaghe ever was. He couldn't sell out a Studium in his own Town.

GO AWAY AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH. MUPPET

Comment

LOL at “Not everyone can go out and conquer America".

Comment

Listen I love Carl Froch,but Joey Zags is right.

Their legacy's and resumes and not even close. Froch is really really good,but Joey is a top 20 ATG. He brutally beat 2 legends in their prime on their own turf in Roy Jones Jr and B-Hop.

H2H Joe mauls Froch and knocks him out cold with a flurry of punches.

Comment

could a prime cal beat ward.
                    NO.

Comment

Working...
                    X