Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Carl Froch Offer Joe Calzaghe The £10 Million To Come Back And Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Carl Froch Offer Joe Calzaghe The £10 Million To Come Back And Fight?

A few years ago Calzaghe said he'd come out of retirement for £10 Million pounds. Froch is now in a position where his promotional team could actually offer that purse to Calzaghe and lure him back to boxing for another massive Wembley Arena fight.

Of course, Joe has been retired for 6 years now, it's quite a long time but he has recently stated that Froch's legacy doesn't match his. There is a renewed tension brewing between the two fighters.

Vitali retired for 4 years or something and came back as heavyweight champion. Foreman retired for 10 years and came back. Retirements and returns are nothing new so what do you think, should Froch offer Calzaghe the £10 Million to come out of retirement and fight him?
    Yes - let's see Froch vs Calzaghe
    47.62%
    No
    52.38%

Originally posted by F!x View Post
    A few years ago Calzaghe said he'd come out of retirement for £10 Million pounds. Froch is now in a position where his promotional team could actually offer that purse to Calzaghe and lure him back to boxing for another massive Wembley Arena fight.

Of course, Joe has been retired for 6 years now, it's quite a long time but he has recently stated that Froch's legacy doesn't match his. There is a renewed tension brewing between the two fighters.

Vitali retired for 4 years or something and came back as heavyweight champion. Foreman retired for 10 years and came back. Retirements and returns are nothing new so what do you think, should Froch offer Calzaghe the £10 Million to come out of retirement and fight him?
    Joe should get to 51-0 by beating Froch, Ward, Dawson, Stevenson, and Kovalev and retire the GOAT.

Comment

Completely pointless. If Froch knocked him out, he wouldn't get any credit for it.

Comment

I say no because Calzaghe is just a bitter old man who is envious of Carl Froch's success.

Comment

Waste of money unless Joe came back, beat someone of note first then fought Froch and Froch beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Waste of money unless Joe came back, beat someone of note first then fought Froch and Froch beat him.
            A tune-up would usually be recommended but the problem is that Joe said he'd come back for £10 Million only, so who else would be able to offer that sort of purse? Froch is where the money is in the division now so unless Joe was to change his stance on the £10 Million then he couldn't take a tune-up before fighting Froch.

Comment

Carl would get slapped into next week

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                Completely pointless. If Froch knocked him out, he wouldn't get any credit for it.
                I think he'd get plenty of credit still. Calzaghe left undefeated and on top. Anyone who changes that course will go down in the history books.

Calzaghe did say before though he wouldn't come back for the number 2 in the division. If he did come back it would be for ward. Then again there's no money in that fight, only froch.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  I say no because Calzaghe is just a bitter old man who is envious of Carl Froch's success.
                  Calzaghe hasnt fought in six years and hasnt exactly been looking after himself. He looks old as fook now. It would be crazy, but if 10 mil is on the table, he might think the ass whooping is worth it. I know I would!

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                    A tune-up would usually be recommended but the problem is that Joe said he'd come back for £10 Million only, so who else would be able to offer that sort of purse? Froch is where the money is in the division now so unless Joe was to change his stance on the £10 Million then he couldn't take a tune-up before fighting Froch.
                    He is like 43 I think and has not fought in years Froch is off of a spectacular ko win and regarded as one of the best in the world, Carl wouldn't get much credit even if he ko'd Joe in 1 rd.

Comment

Working...
                    X