William Bezerra 35KO's in 36W's

Segei Kovalev 22KO's in 24W's

Adonis "Piece of ****" Stevenson has 20KO's in 24W's

Golovkin has 26KO's in 29W's

Keith Thurman 21KO's 21W's

Lucas Matthysse 33KO's in 31W's

Johnny Gonzalez 47KO's in 56W's

Carl "The Nose" Froch 24KO's in 33W's

But none of Carls KO's other than Groves were really dramatic or WOW'ish.

He's a good solid fighter but not really a one punch KO artist, he really tends to break people down more than anything and then hammer them into submission.
    not wowish???Brian magees???butes stoppage???Macks stoppage are pretty brutal.

But the guys you mention aint been in with the eilite competition froch has.

Froch has fought Abraham, kessler twice, andre ward, dirrell, pascal, glen johnson, groves, bute....

Throw in he has robin reid and Brian Magee on his resume and almost 70 percdnt is very good.

Has deontay wilder, or even golokin faced the level of competiton froch has yet and come out with that level of ko percentage???

Look what froch did to Yusef mack a b minus/c level fighter, he go him out of there with broken ribs.

Degale couldnt really hurt Groves, froch KOS him twice.

The bettr the competition, the higher the KO percentage, not just they have better defence, but also better chins. I mean Kessler, glen johns pascals and Abrahams, whos got near to knocking them out????

Comment

"Piece of ****" stevensons one punch zinger of "sad" chad dawson was an incredible one punch shot. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned sooner.

I personally don't believe that one punch ko power exists. You have a relative scale of power. One punch is entirely based on the circumstances in the fight, not innate power.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Kovalev is a monstrous puncher. We'll see with Golovkin soon enough about where his power belongs.

Froch doesn't really hurt guys the way the elite punchers do. He's got power, no one can deny that, but he isn't an elite puncher. Elite punchers are fighters like Kovalev, Matthysse, Wlad, guys who hurt almost everyone whenever they land good and clean, who have spent most their careers flattening guys with single shots.

not saying you are wrong mate, bu couldnt you arge that say WLADIMIR is simply a better boxer?

Take the lapai fight, or the am peters fight. Wlad landed loads of right hands, before it eventually koed them. BTW i am not argueing froch is a p4p harder puncher than wlad. Cos hes not. But what im argueing is when froch lands, he hits as hard as the best of them.

If you watch the bute KO in slowmo, bute head is literally flying around.

The mack body shots i challege someone to find me a more gory body shot, you see the ribs snap on one of them.

Sometimes froch attacks are abit obvious, and sometimes he throws arm punches which are the "strong" punches.

Nut when he sits down on them and conects like the groces 1 fight. You see it really made groves wobble about. WHERE AS WHEN DEGALE landed on groves it just doesnt have the same effect.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree mate

Comment

I wouldn't call Froch an elite power puncher but he's a very good puncher and has faced excellent competition.

Froch is known for his strong punching but more so for the ability to keep his power throughout an entire fight. He has excellent stamina. A lot of power punchers lose steam as the fight carries on. Froch remains consistent for the most part. Froch is also an excellent finisher. Once he has a fighter hurt, the fighter is in big trouble. That's an important quality and helps explains his high knockout ratio.

No matter how powerful a puncher is they will always run into a fighter that won't go down. And very few fighters consistently knock out opposition with one punch.

Comment

Originally posted by MBE View Post
            "Piece of ****" stevensons one punch zinger of "sad" chad dawson was an incredible one punch shot. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned sooner.

I personally don't believe that one punch ko power exists. You have a relative scale of power. One punch is entirely based on the circumstances in the fight, not innate power.

bang on, and thats what i alluded to orginally, is there such a thing as one punch power, if there is its rare. Most one punch kos are down to Not seeing the punch. LOOK at froch in groves one. Froch has been hit with bigger punchers and not budges, but because he flew in like a maniac, he didnt see the punch and got buzzed.

Vitali for exaple has the highest ko percentage ever(or at least one of) but its not one punch. Hes a strong puncher, (im referring to his post shoulder injury), but hes so skillful his comulitive effect just beats them into a stoppage.

But froch god bless his soul although skillful, doesnt land with that regularity.

Take the dirrell fight, he landed a hook in round 8, the best punch of the match and dirrell was holding on for dear life.

Or the groves first match, he landed a shot on the temple on round 9 and groves held on for dear life.

So when he lands he has serious power imo

Comment

GGG has more power. You can see it on peoples face and their reactions from simply a jab.

Comment

by his own admission he is not a 1 punch ko artist

Comment

Working...
                X