Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach won't allow Martinez to wear a knee brace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EXPOSEDheroes View Post
    Gotta love the ready-Made excuses.

Here, let me try: If Cotto's right arm is 100% after the car accident, Cotto wins. If not, I see Sergio winning.

huh?

That's just the way I see the fight sheesh whatever a fan of both guys can't say nothing without the nuthuggers taking offense lol.

Comment

Is Freddie Roach dictating the terms of the knee brace or is the NYSAC dictating them? I would think regulation of wearing a knee brace/sleeve would be stipulated in the NYSAC's rules.

Either way, it would make complete sense to me that knee braces would be forbidden in the ring as they have parts in them that could cause injury to either fighter, most notably the fighter not wearing one.

If this ruling has been established by the NYSAC long before this fight then nobody should be *****ing. If it's not and it is an issue solely being presented by Freddie Roach, then people have a right to *****.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I still haven't heard your take on Martinez-Cotto, Cuauh. How do you see this playing out?
        I think it's in line with what most think here.

I see a bigger, stronger Martinez stopping him late. I don't think Martinez will come forward at all, he will control the center of the ring, and pot shot Cotto all night.

Of course if we see any drop off, this could be a very interesting fight. Martinez hasn't looked himself lately, that he can't afford against a great fighter like Cotto. If he is "himself" I just think that's too much for Cotto at 160.

Everyone is talking about how Cotto will go to the body. Well in order to do that you have to get in close, Martinez won't allow that. Movement is key in this fight for Martinez which is the bigger man and that's rare in boxing when two men like this meet.

What about you?

Comment

Originally posted by Balrog. View Post

loool
          Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
          i dont think cotto needs a knee brace.

he comes with it. its like robocop's gun holster. it just appears when he's ready to take a knee.
          lmfao.

I used to like Roach but now he is irritating

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            I think it's in line with what most think here.

I see a bigger, stronger Martinez stopping him late. I don't think Martinez will come forward at all, he will control the center of the ring, and pot shot Cotto all night.

Of course if we see any drop off, this could be a very interesting fight. Martinez hasn't looked himself lately, that he can't afford against a great fighter like Cotto. If he is "himself" I just think that's too much for Cotto at 160.

Everyone is talking about how Cotto will go to the body. Well in order to do that you have to get in close, Martinez won't allow that. Movement is key in this fight for Martinez which is the bigger man and that's rare in boxing when two men like this meet.

What about you?
            Thanks, bro.

I see it pretty much the same way. If Sergio is even close to 100%, this will be an entertaining bout (is Cotto ever in a dull fight?), but an ultimately predictable win for Martinez. What makes the outcome even remotely questionable are Sergio's age, inactivity and injuries. There's really no telling who will show up on Saturday until "Maravilla" puts in a couple of rounds.

Although Martinez isn't known for being especially heavy-handed, he's probably going to be the hardest puncher Miguel has yet faced. The size and hand speed will ensure that. On the flip-side, Sergio has been taking punches from much harder punchers than Cotto for years, most recently Junior Chavez. I mention power and the ability to take it because it's quite possible that Martinez won't be as mobile as he has been in the past. In the event of a war, think that'll serve the Argentine well.

It's going to be a good fight, possibly a great fight, and I'm becoming increasingly anxious for Saturday night to get here already.

Comment

photo imagejpg1_zps1b239c9f.jpg Did people think maravilla was gonna bust out the stone cold knee brace?

Comment

knee brace would help his knee from buckling if cotto were about to KO him

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Thanks, bro.

I see it pretty much the same way. If Sergio is even close to 100%, this will be an entertaining bout (is Cotto ever in a dull fight?), but an ultimately predictable win for Martinez. What makes the outcome even remotely questionable are Sergio's age, inactivity and injuries. There's really no telling who will show up on Saturday until "Maravilla" puts in a couple of rounds.

Although Martinez isn't known for being especially heavy-handed, he's probably going to be the hardest puncher Miguel has yet faced. The size and hand speed will ensure that. On the flip-side, Sergio has been taking punches from much harder punchers than Cotto for years, most recently Junior Chavez. I mention power and the ability to take it because it's quite possible that Martinez won't be as mobile as he has been in the past. In the event of a war, think that'll serve the Argentine well.

It's going to be a good fight, possibly a great fight, and I'm becoming increasingly anxious for Saturday night to get here already.
                  Yea, when you look at that Chavez Jr fight, say what you will about Jr, but damn he can take some shots. He took huge shots from Martinez for 12 rounds and almost knocked him out.

I don't see Cotto having that same resistance, of course Cotto is a much better boxer than Jr too but if Martinez is smart, he will force Cotto forward. Cotto is comfortable going forward, but it will actually play into Martinez' hands imo.

Should be a good fight though and I have to say, Cotto looks great. My brain is with Martinez, my heart hopes Cotto wins.

Comment

Working...
                  X