Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach won't allow Martinez to wear a knee brace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto would be jealous as hell

Comment

My question is, how can they stop him from wearing the brace? Was it in the contract?

Comment

I don't remember Cotto having a problem with Yuri Foreman when he wore a knee brace...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Geek View Post
          I don't remember Cotto having a problem with Yuri Foreman when he wore a knee brace...

That's 'cause Yuri ******, let's face it. Where Sergio is concerned, Miguel wants -- nay, needs -- every advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            I agree. It's probably gives him a bit more confidence more than anything else.
            If he has been wearing one constantly during training then he's likely to be a bit tentative early on.

I do wonder how well conditioned Sergio is going to be in this fight. I guess the bike will help a lot in getting his stamina up to scratch, but how much lower body explosiveness and agility work could he possibly have done if he's still wearing a knee support?
            The mindset change from wearing a sleeve all throughout training and then not wearing one for the night of the big fight could be significant, at least early on. God only knows how the injuries, ensuing inactivity and training modification will affect Martinez come fight night. There are so many variables. I just believe "Maravilla" will have enough to beat the smaller, untested at 160, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              My question is, how can they stop him from wearing the brace? Was it in the contract?
              I still haven't heard your take on Martinez-Cotto, Cuauh. How do you see this playing out?

Comment

Freddie Roach says Martinez can wear a sleeve, but not a knee brace. Won't allow him to wear anything metal that could hurt Cotto.
                He said he can wear a sleeve but not a brace yuri wore a sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
                  Freddie Roach says Martinez can wear a sleeve, but not a knee brace. Won't allow him to wear anything metal that could hurt Cotto.
                  He said he can wear a sleeve but not a brace yuri wore a sleeve.
                  Thank you. I don't know why this is still being debated. The issue was settled yesterday. Martinez is allowed to wear a sleeve. I don't think a brace was ever on the table. For one, it would mean Sergio's knee is unfit for fighting; for another, it could potentially injure Cotto during knee clashes.

Comment

going into this fight I'm a fan of both guys. but as time has gone on I've come to hope Martinez gets the win. Wasn't keen on all Cotto's A side b side talk but more than that I don't like the way they seem to be banking on/hoping martinez is injured/get's injured.

If martinez is healthy he'll dominate cotto imo. If he's injured/his knee goes early ... cotto could well wear him down.

*edit to say I'm not certain what exactly team cotto are saying he can/can't wear. So my bad if martinez is actually allowed to wear some form of support for his knees
                    Last edited by Daddy T; 06-04-2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                      going into this fight I'm a fan of both guys. but as time has gone on I've come to hope Martinez gets the win. Wasn't keen on all Cotto's A side b side talk but more than that I don't like the way they seem to be banking on/hoping martinez is injured/get's injured.

If martinez is healthy he'll dominate cotto imo. If he's injured/his knee goes early ... cotto could well wear him down.

*edit to say I'm not certain what exactly team cotto are saying he can/can't wear. So my bad if martinez is actually allowed to wear some form of support for his knees
                      Gotta love the ready-Made excuses.

Here, let me try: If Cotto's right arm is 100% after the car accident, Cotto wins. If not, I see Sergio winning.

Comment

Working...
                      X