Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Froch Doesn't Fight Degale It's The Same As When Calzaghe Didn't Fight Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, of course. Does it matter or hurt him? No. Just like it didn't hurt Calzaghe's standing. At this stage of his career, Froch should pursue big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
      Well that's arguable because a lot of people thought Degale beat Groves in that fight - it just can't be said categorically that Groves is better than Degale, their fight was a majority decision so even one of the official judges had it as a draw. One of the factors in that fight which I think caused the judges some errors in judgement was the crowd going crazy at every little success Groves had because he definitely had the crowd on his side in that fight - it's known to affect judging, sometimes quite shockingly.

So in my opinion, Degale is actually a better fighter than Groves.

punch stats showed that groves out landed degale

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
        People made the same comparison before the first Groves fight was made, now that he's beaten him twice I didn't expect this same comparison to be made with Degale. Like Haye said over the weekend, there will always be a young hungry guy trying for the world title and that Carl has earned the right to do what he wants at this stage of his career.

Honestly, Froch and Calzaghe are not very comparable. Two very different fighters.
        I think the comparison applies to Degale too now. It was made with Groves but they are two separate individuals. IMO he has earned the right to fight Froch just like Groves did so if Froch didn't fight him then Degale's personal experience would be similar to what Froch experienced with Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          punch stats showed that groves out landed degale
          I don't trust punch stats to be honest with you, they are proven to be unreliable and they are highly susceptible to human error.

Comment

Froch was an insignificant pissant when he was made mandatory to Calzaghe, with his most notable win coming over a shot-to-**** Robin Reid. Any notion that Calzaghe moved up to take on a substantially more lucrative fight, and a considerably more established name in Hopkins to avoid Froch is the very worst sort of revisionist history.

Comment

I can see why people think degale should get the fight I mean when you look at it...

Does Degale deserve a shot? ... Well yeah I think so.

But has froch earned the fight to not fight him and chase the big money Chavez fight instead ... definitely ... if any fighter on the planet has earned the right to fight who he wants so he can get big bucks it's froch.

imo froch gets his big payday v chavez ... Degale hopefully gets a shot at somebody like Bika or Abraham.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                I think the comparison applies to Degale too now. It was made with Groves but they are two separate individuals. IMO he has earned the right to fight Froch just like Groves did so if Froch didn't fight him then Degale's personal experience would be similar to what Froch experienced with Calzaghe.
                I see where you're coming from and from Degale's point of view, to quote Lennox, 'definitely'. Having said that, in facing Groves, Froch did something both Calzaghe and Steve Collins failed to do at the end of their careers.

Comment

Working...
                X