No announcement yet.

I just watched Abraham/Miranda 1 wow what a robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    Yes I did watch that fight and it was Ward's big step up at the time maybe he was worried about being ko'd so fought safe and boring.

I know he has power but damn Miranda beat him handily for most of that fight had him running for his life and I know Abe fought with a broken jaw but it was caused by a legal uppercut so fair play.

I never watched this one before yesterday and wonder now how after getting treated like Miranda's step son he was hyped as unstoppable during the MW tourney?

Also if you watch Miranda at this time he was something at 160, great power, punch variety, combinations, pretty decent hand speed, rock solid chin, terrible technique and defense too but fun to watch. After the beating Pavlik gave him he wasn't the same fighter, Smoger and his corner shouldn't have sent him out for a 7th rd in that fight.
    Yeah Kelly Pavlik abused him. I always think about Pavlik when I think about Martinez-Cotto strangely enough. If Sergio took Pavlik's bombs, then what the hell can Cotto offer him.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Yeah Kelly Pavlik abused him. I always think about Pavlik when I think about Martinez-Cotto strangely enough. If Sergio took Pavlik's bombs, then what the hell can Cotto offer him.
      Nothing, even if Sergio is older I think this is a mismatch and Cotto is going to be badly beaten because he is a natural WW with alot of tough fights under his belt.

Comment

Abraham's jaw was pretty disgusting.

Comment

Miranda was penalized something like 5 points. That pretty much ensures that you cannot win a decision.

The thing that you might justifyably be angry about, is the lenghty break Abraham got. Going by memory he had quit the fight at that point! Only thing was that Wenger forced him in again. Wenger was prosecuted for it BTW.

Comment

Working...
          X