No announcement yet.

I just watched Abraham/Miranda 1 wow what a robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched Abraham/Miranda 1 wow what a robbery

Abe won just rds 3 and 4 for me and ran the rest of the fight after the broken jaw. I gave Miranda 10-8 rds in rds 10 and 12 they were that onesided. Even in the point deduction rds for Miranda its not like AA won them. Miranda beat the piss out Abe in this fight.

Where did all this AA hype come from after this happened? I know he beat Miranda by ko in a rematch but that was after Pavlik beat the life out of Miranda for 7 tough rds and he never looked as good as he did in this fight after that beating.

Srsly who cares at this point? It happened ages ago and Abe KO'd Miranda fair and square in the rematch.

Comment

Lol, he fought 8 rounds with his jaw hanging off. That was probably the worst broken jaw the sport has ever seen but he was thrown back in there to finish the fight with 8 rounds to go.. that's what gave him hype. The rematch showed what would've happened to Miranda if Abraham's jaw wasn't crushed in the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
        Lol, he fought 8 rounds with his jaw hanging off. That was probably the worst broken jaw the sport has ever seen but he was thrown back in there to finish the fight with 8 rounds to go.. that's what gave him hype. The rematch showed what would've happened to Miranda if Abraham's jaw wasn't crushed in the first fight.
        Why is it different for Abraham he gets mad props and respect for fighting with a broken jaw (that he deserves) and takes a close fight to Miranda and wins nobody complains he gets all the plaudits but when Ricky Burns is in the same scenario and is trying to fight back cautiously he gets called every name under the sun and suddenly people acting as if they've fought with a broken jaw before smh...

Comment

Have you seen Ward-Miranda, Spray.

I think that was the singular fight that gave Ward his clinching reputation.

In fairness, Ward didn't clinch much at all in his last fight.

AA no doubt got the benefit of a few rounds in his career. He later paid for it though when it counted.

He was hyped because he had one shot ko power early in his career. He would be doing nothing than boom the other guy was laying on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
            Why is it different for Abraham he gets mad props and respect for fighting with a broken jaw (that he deserves) and takes a close fight to Miranda and wins nobody complains he gets all the plaudits but when Ricky Burns is in the same scenario and is trying to fight back cautiously he gets called every name under the sun and suddenly people acting as if they've fought with a broken jaw before smh...
            Why are you assuming I disrespected Burns? I don't speak for the idiot fans that disrespect fighters with injuries..

Comment

this is old news but yes it was a robbery. Abraham's jaw was the story of the fight but actually watching it objectively, Miranda won at least 8 or 9 rounds hahaha

Comment

Not only that but AA clearly wanted to quit. He told the doctor he was done even, but the ref was so lost that he didn't know what to do.

Comment

The American ref clearly wanted to do right by the home promoter. Abraham was forced to fight with a disgusting jaw. That was a black eye for boxing. And now that I remember it, Miranda fought dirty in that fight as well, lows blows and headbutts, so he deserved little sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Have you seen Ward-Miranda, Spray.

I think that was the singular fight that gave Ward his clinching reputation.

In fairness, Ward didn't clinch much at all in his last fight.

AA no doubt got the benefit of a few rounds in his career. He later paid for it though when it counted.

He was hyped because he had one shot ko power early in his career. He would be doing nothing than boom the other guy was laying on the floor.
                    Yes I did watch that fight and it was Ward's big step up at the time maybe he was worried about being ko'd so fought safe and boring.

I know he has power but damn Miranda beat him handily for most of that fight had him running for his life and I know Abe fought with a broken jaw but it was caused by a legal uppercut so fair play.

I never watched this one before yesterday and wonder now how after getting treated like Miranda's step son he was hyped as unstoppable during the MW tourney?

Also if you watch Miranda at this time he was something at 160, great power, punch variety, combinations, pretty decent hand speed, rock solid chin, terrible technique and defense too but fun to watch. After the beating Pavlik gave him he wasn't the same fighter, Smoger and his corner shouldn't have sent him out for a 7th rd in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X