Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonights fight was further proof of why traditional aerobic cardio is a waste of time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonights fight was further proof of why traditional aerobic cardio is a waste of time

Groves did all those long runs, all those steady state jogs, and he was visibly gassed from round 5.

Boxing is high intensity and mostly anaerobic with intense bursts of energy, all that jogging just wears your joints out and makes you sluggish.

Froch does more interval stuff, more modern training techniques. Groves' conditioning coach is a moron.

They should have hired me he wouldn't have been gassed from the fifth.

u can only improve ur stamina so much, a lot of these attributes has to do with genetics. u cant teach a chin or stamina but through stuff like rolling with punches, cardio exercise u can improve them a bit.

groves just has no chin and poor stamina

Comment

It's the constant upper body movements that did for Groves, same thing that gassed Bradley by the halfway point in the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Agree with OP, roadwork is the most overrated training there is. personally, I hate it. You can get better results and less damaged joints with intense rope-skipping

Comment

Jokers gonna joke. Take David Haye for example. The man hates running and gets shin splints. Was gassed by round 4 of the Chisora fight. There is a reason why roadwork is the established fitness regime. Its not random

Comment

Didn't you say "He wouldn't gass" though?

What I want to know Booty Dew, is if you weren't a fan of Groves and didn't like him then why did you have a picture of him as your Avatar?

Also, why was he in your favourite fighters list? That you've now taken him out of.

Not a good look, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
              Agree with OP, roadwork is the most overrated training there is. personally, I hate it. You can get better results and less damaged joints with intense rope-skipping
              Exactly this guy knows his stuff, Groves hired a dimwit old school trainer, I was worried with all that jogging he was doing, no interval sprints.

Boxing is mostly anaerobic, and low intensity jogging does very little to improve your V02 max, HIIT however is highly effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
                Jokers gonna joke. Take David Haye for example. The man hates running and gets shin splints. Was gassed by round 4 of the Chisora fight. There is a reason why roadwork is the established fitness regime. Its not random
                Haye is also not a natural heavyweight, he's a cruiserweight who needs to blow himself up to reach heavyweight.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Didn't you say "He wouldn't gass" though?

What I want to know Booty Dew, is if you weren't a fan of Groves and didn't like him then why did you have a picture of him as your Avatar?

Also, why was he in your favourite fighters list? That you've now taken him out of.

Not a good look, mate.
                That was to wind him up, and he was on the list because I thought he was gonna be the future.

Plus I really thought he would beat Froch, but I was wrong.

Never liked him, doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                  That was to wind him up, and he was on the list because I thought he was gonna be the future.

Plus I really thought he would beat Froch, but I was wrong.

Never liked him, doe.
                  Wind who up?

You never liked a guy that was in your favourite fighters list? Sounds legitimate.

The way you've jumped ship is outlandish, as if the rapid speed you've done it.

Groves hadn't even made it into Paddy's arms before you'd left him out to dry.

Comment

I hate running on the street but I love running up steep mountain trails. I find that to be a cardio workout much closer to boxing since sudden bursts of power are required.

Cardio wasn't Groves' problem tonight though. A sloppy attempt at a counter punch was.
                    Last edited by Fr3$h; 05-31-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X