No announcement yet.

GGG first two sport champion? High level grappling skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whytetittie
    Forgot to mention Brendan Schaub and Todd Duffee?? lol Jonathan Goulet?

Hunt and Nelson are HW fighters. Name one fighter near GGG's weight taking a punch from him wearing 4 oz gloves.

Lesnar was a serious grappler, but became a champ without punch resistance. Something GGG would exploit.
    Well yeah their are some MMA fighters that can't take a punch,but some have serious iron chins. Just like boxing...

"Name one fighter near GGG's weight taking a punch from him wearing 4 oz gloves."

Hmm...Not many in either sport...In boxing at 160...I guess Jr. could. MMA at 155 maybe BJ Penn. At 170 Robbie Lawler has a pretty good chin.

Brock could take a serious punch,but he didn't like to get hit. Carwin,who has an iron chin and can punch a wall down,beat on him for a round and couldn't KO him. Brock was kinda like Tito,he could take a punch,just didn't like it and didn't react well.

Comment

On the topic of hard punching boxers fighting in MMA, imagine the damage that Kovalev could do punching with 4 oz gloves.

Comment

Practicing for Andre Ward i see

Comment

My bad, Paul Buentello more credible than Todd Duffee?
          At the time. I will tell you now though, no boxer would be able to beat either Buentello or Duffee in an MMA match.

This whole thread is completely redicilous especially your posts.

Comment

That guy was huge a bjj mundial champ...

yes, and he was manhandling a guy who is a championship level boxer.

high level grappler

Comment

Duffee and Buentello couldn't become champion when a WWE star dominated the sport.

Wake me up when Undertaker or Kane beat a HW boxer for a belt like Brock did to Randy Couture.
              Brock was an accomplished wrestler in high school and college, on top of that he was a freakish athlete at a ripped 265lbs. His wrestling and ground and pound made him succesfull. A boxer only has his fists, they would never be able to do the same.

These are guys who have been grappling since a very young age, their muscle memory in their bodies are a result of thousands of hours of training over years. No one dimensional fist fighter can suddenly catch up within what was is it that you said, 6 months? LOL you idiot.

Comment

Golovkin looks strong as fuck. He has a great frame for field sports too.

Comment

how about that australian heavyweight, shane something..I forget his name. wasn't he a champion rugby player and now a heavyweight champ?

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                    how about that australian heavyweight, shane something..I forget his name. wasn't he a champion rugby player and now a heavyweight champ?
                    Do you mean Sonny Bill Williams? He's from New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                      Wat...A lot of MMA fighters can take a punch. Ever seen Roy Nelson or Mark Hunt fight?

As far a Brock Lesnar,lets not forget that he was a NCAA wrestling champ...So he did have some serious grappling skills.
                      they take punches from mma strikers...

there's a difference if it was a heavyweight boxer

but then obv a boxer would get sub or kicked etc...

Comment

Working...
                      X