No announcement yet.

The two reasons why Floyd never fought Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
    This is how I assume you feel about your idol Manny vs Sergio too right? Pacuiao NEVER wanted that scrap?

Right?
    I assume that you know that Manny never fought at 154 limit. Floyd fought 3 times at weights higher than Manny has. Floyd went as far as to put excuses that now is laughable since he had no problem in fighting Guerrero and Maidana who were NOT considered PPV draws.

In conclusion, Floyd only fights at 154 if the risk is relatively low .....

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      You see, someone thinking outside of their hatred for Floyd. It's blatantly obvious Mayweather will, and would have always schooled Martinez.
      Your love of floyd blinds you...saying the typical its obvious floyd wins vs X fighter so why bother...

How about floyd will never be great because he hasnt accomplished anything considered great within the sport of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
        Your love of floyd blinds you...saying the typical its obvious floyd wins vs X fighter so why bother...

How about floyd will never be great because he hasnt accomplished anything considered great within the sport of boxing
        I don't even like Floyd brah, sorry. Just calling it how I see it. Rather your hate for Floyd blinds you.

Comment

Originally posted by JBell11 View Post
          I can address this since I am the one who stated this is a troll thread. Here is why: The first point, to a boxing fan, can't be taken seriously. Floyd Mayweather fans may agree with this; however, generally, to say Martinez is not "good enough" is a flagrant statement. Martinez has good skills and is very capable of fighting and beating pure boxers/punchers, he has the movement ring intelligence and the level of opposition has been pretty staunch.

The second point is commendable but invalid considering that he fought a "lesser" known fighter in Maidana and got beat the **** up. Pardon the language.

Lastly, most trolls laugh at their own threads they start and make statements like "Now you guys can rest easier at night". Sorry bro.

I'm just being objective here.

You're post:
          1.) he's not good enough, skill wise.
          2.) he's not popular enough, he has no market value.

Now you guys can rest easier at night.

Lol@the thought of Mayweather ducking an easy UD against Martinez.
          If you think I'm trolling that's your opinion, I'm being rash, I'm being a little ignorant. But I also believe I am being real considering the amount of thought I out into the thread, which wasn't a lot.

Yes, Mayweather has fought lesser people as equally popular as Martinez. Doesn't make Martinez anymore marketable. He still isn't. Just because Mayweather fights unpopular guy "a" (Maidana) doesn't mean he's going to fight unpopular guy b (Martinez) or unpopular guy c (insert unpopular boxer name here.)

Did I call Martinez a bum? No. I said he's not good enough to beat Mayweather (implying that he is a good boxer, just not good enough for the task at hand.)

So we agree in ways, and we disagree in ways. Because you think Martinez is good enough to beat Floyd and I disagree, does that mean you're trolling?

Comment

1.) he's not good enough, skill wise.
            2.) he's not popular enough, he has no market value.

Now you guys can rest easier at night.

Lol@the thought of Mayweather ducking an easy UD against Martinez.
            Guerrero had more market value and Maidana had more skills?

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
              Guerrero had more market value and Maidana had more skills?
              No. How many times do I have to say that just because Floyd has fought lesser opposition than Martinez it doesn't change what Martinez is.

Geez. Floyd can fight my Grandma next PPV, doesn't make Martinez better than Floyd or anymore marketable. It doesn't change anything.

Comment

If you think I'm trolling that's your opinion, I'm being rash, I'm being a little ignorant. But I also believe I am being real considering the amount of thought I out into the thread, which wasn't a lot.

Yes, Mayweather has fought lesser people as equally popular as Martinez. Doesn't make Martinez anymore marketable. He still isn't. Just because Mayweather fights unpopular guy "a" (Maidana) doesn't mean he's going to fight unpopular guy b (Martinez) or unpopular guy c (insert unpopular boxer name here.)

Did I call Martinez a bum? No. I said he's not good enough to beat Mayweather (implying that he is a good boxer, just not good enough for the task at hand.)

So we agree in ways, and we disagree in ways. Because you think Martinez is good enough to beat Floyd and I disagree, does that mean you're trolling?
                Absolutely not. Your entitled to your opinion and I respect it. That said, the tone in your initial post seemed trollish. It's all good though - no hard feelings we can agree to disagree.

Comment

Mayweather sr Recently said it's because of siZe and only would recommend his son to take the fight if Sergio's legs are not fully recovered ........

Comment

I don't even like Floyd brah, sorry. Just calling it how I see it. Rather your hate for Floyd blinds you.
                    You had to emergency visit the dentist to get floyds ball bag removed from your throat so its safe to say that you love floyd, brah

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Mayweather sr Recently said it's because of siZe and only would recommend his son to take the fight if Sergio's legs are not fully recovered ........
                      That sounds like the Floyd we all know and love

Comment

Working...
                      X