Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Mayweather promotions have License?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
    floyd is only good for one thing, boxing.

as soon as floyd can no longer command a crowd when he fights, his network of alleged business partners like GBP, haymon, schaeffer, will all abandon him.
    Floyd is only useful to Haymon and Schaefer when he's fighting. When he retires, why would you want him as a partner if you were Haymon and Schaefer?

To assume that Floyd would use his money for such venture is idiotic. Floyd is tight-fisted and he would be Schaefer's worst nightmare when it comes to where his money went, profit gained and all the tiny little financial details. Schaefer would later regret why he ever left DLH.

Comment

For the same reason this guy doesn't need a driver's license

Comment

How can you sign fighters but not be able to promote them? Is Mayweather Promotions not just a management company technically?

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          Had to search for this .... which the OP could have done as well

Being a LLC in Nevada has a bunch of tax advantages including no personal income tax, no corporate tax, no gift tax, and no unitary tax.

There are also liability advantages for being located in Nevada including the fact that officers (C-level, presidents, vice presidents, etc.) cannot be sued as an individual for actions tied to the company, except for outright fraud.

There are a bunch of business-friendly privacy laws in Nevada as well.
          Limited Liability Corporations (Only in America is a bull**** system like this is allowed btw LOL) specifically designed to shield owners from losses.

And people wonder why Cronyism is so common today.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            The company seems to have been set up solely to allow floyd to reap some profit off all of the revenue streams generated by his fights. Maybe he and schaeffer will form a more "complete" promotional company when he retires.
            That was the reason it was set-up as a LLC and not a full promotional entity.

In all honesty, its very easy to get a Promotional License -- 50cent is a perfect example. But when it comes to the IRS, that's where the differences manifest and it is huge.

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
            Limited Liability Corporations (Only in America is a bull**** system like this is allowed btw LOL) specifically designed to shield owners from losses.

And people wonder why Cronyism is so common today.
            Agreed ......... But its the American way!!

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing something here .... But what does the Washington State Department of Licensing website have to do with Nevada?

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing something here .... But what does the Washington State Department of Licensing website have to do with Nevada?
                Why doesn't Mayweather Promotions have a license??? Does That does that help...let me know if your still missing something
                Last edited by rayb112; 05-27-2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb112 View Post
                  Why doesn't Mayweather Promotions have a license??? Does That does that help...let me know if your still missing something
                  I'm actually trying to give you the benefit of doubt .... But just as a FYI, the Washington State Department of Licensing does not document, regulate, nor does it have any jurisdictional authority over licensing in Nevada.

Now with that being stated, why would you post rebuttal attempts using links to the Washington State Department of Licensing?

Yes, I'm missing something, and I think you're missing quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    They have their own fights. Pretty sure they're set up how gbp is. Floyd= oscar. Ellerbe= Schaefer
                    LMFAO

You dont even believe the shit you say anymore huh>

Comment

I'm actually trying to give you the benefit of doubt .... But just as a FYI, the Washington State Department of Licensing does not document, regulate, nor does it have any jurisdictional authority over licensing in Nevada.

Now with that being stated, why would you post rebuttal attempts using links to the Washington State Department of Licensing?

Yes, I'm missing something, and I think you're missing quite a bit
                      I was referring to the thread topic.

Comment

Working...
                      X