No announcement yet.

Boxing? Or MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
    MMA is very restricted to a few countries. It doesn't really have a big following outside of America and Brazil. Boxing is an international sport.

But yes, UFC, does very very well. Obviously UFC delivers its fans a MUCH MUCH better product than any boxing fan can ever receive. Personally, I think MMA can be cool, but it tends to be much more of a given. You know what you are getting with a MMA fight, and a lot of it can be boring, the wrestling bits.

Boxing has high highs and low lows, and that is the reason you will never have MMA fights on repeat on ESPN, like boxing. The classic UFC fights are nothing compared to a great boxing fight. That will never change.

But UFC is run to deliver the best possible product, few weight classes, all the best matchups on a monthly basis, and tons of cards on each PPV. Boxing is the opposite, it is run so poorly, millions of belts, no one fights anyone else, lots of ducking and lots of overmatched fights.
    Boxing is starting to become more organized, and is getting much more exposure now through PBC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
      I'm 6'3 224. I would bend her over and **** her at will. You can't overcome extreme size difference with skill.
      Well said.

Comment

• Never understood why mma fans got such beef with boxing but whenever the fight hits the mat you hear people booing. Seems all they want to see is the boxing portion of mma anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          Never understood why mma fans got such beef with boxing but whenever the fight hits the mat you hear people booing. Seems all they want to see is the boxing portion of mma anyway.
          Well, it's more like kickboxing than just boxing as far as the fighting on the feet goes. Fans appreciate wrestling and jiu-jitsu, they just don't wanna see guys stalling and controlling their opponents on the floor the entire time. Hit him with some elbows or go for a submission and fans won't boo once it goes to the ground.

Comment

• Boxing
            NFL
            Nba
            Soccer
            UFC

Comment

• MMA is boring most of the time.

Comment

• I'm in the minority here, but while I love both, I'm a much bigger MMA fan. As a matter of fact, it's because I became such a big MMA fan that I began to follow boxing. I remember seeing and hearing about Tyson growing up, but it was Gatti/Ward 3 and Pacquiao/Morales 1 that got me real into it.

With that said, people still like to compare the two, for reasons I don't understand. When I first started watching these things, I compared them a lot too, but I realized real fast that these are two completely different art forms, sports, and cultures.
                Last edited by Left2theliver; 10-07-2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
                  I'm in the minority here, but while I love both, I'm a much bigger MMA fan. As a matter of fact, it's because I became such a big MMA fan that I began to follow boxing. I remember seeing and hearing about Tyson growing up, but it was Gatti/Ward 3 and Pacquiao/Morales 1 that got me real into it.

With that said, people still like to compare the two, for reasons I don't understand. When I first started watching these things, I compared them a lot too, but I realized real fast that these are two completely different art forms, sports, and cultures.
                  I love MMA but got into thru Boxing. That's my base. In MMA, most fans come from a specific base. Grappling ones like Wrestling or Jiu-Jitsu and Kickboxing. For me, it's Boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Boxing is starting to become more organized, and is getting much more exposure now through PBC.
                    MMA fans know that back then there was organizations like WEC that u would know it's not UFC just by the cage colors and set up. When you put on MMA and its UFC, you know it is immediately because they stick to the same colors and set up. PBC is going with that same model. Blue ring, black ropes and the big screens by the entrance way. You know it's PBC once u put it on. I like that about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      I love MMA but got into thru Boxing. That's my base. In MMA, most fans come from a specific base. Grappling ones like Wrestling or Jiu-Jitsu and Kickboxing. For me, it's Boxing.
                      Yeah I got drawn into it because I had always been into Martial Arts, and MMA seemed like a progression. The grappling is what always intrigued me; I guess it's also why I love boxing. They're both two complex systems that require you to think 2 steps ahead at all times.

Comment

Working...
                      X