No announcement yet.

Boxing? Or MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    What's a good mma fight to you? I haven't watched a full event since around 2010.
    Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson was pretty good

Comment

Not much of a sport when you ko someone and as they lay on the canvas the ref has to stop you physically before you hit the unconscious guy again.
      Personally if I were in a fight of any kind and was ko'd and the opponent continued to throw shots he'd better kill me! hahahaha that's an assault not a staged fight. If your assaulting someone you don't throw hands you just shoot them. HA!
      Ray.

Comment

What's a good mma fight to you? I haven't watched a full event since around 2010.
        Lawler vs. Brown is on tomorrow night. I'm rooting for my boy Lawler.

Comment

I enjoy mma when strikers stand up to go at it and I dont mind the ground game if they are actually hurting each other or get a submission.

What I dont like about mma is when they get tired and pretty much just lay on each other doing F all.

Generally you have to watch the highly skilled fighters too, some of the not so skilled fighters can look laughable at times.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
            I enjoy mma when strikers stand up to go at it and I dont mind the ground game if they are actually hurting each other or get a submission.

What I dont like about mma is when they get tired and pretty much just lay on each other doing F all.

Generally you have to watch the highly skilled fighters too, some of the not so skilled fighters can look laughable at times.
            Ih ear you on this.

Comment

Kickboxing

Boxing vs MMA depends on the event

I must say I enjoyed MMA more during the Pride days. The extreme sports/bro/cagefighting gimmick culture of the UFC really turns me off.
              Last edited by E. O. Wilson; 07-26-2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Not much of a sport when you ko someone and as they lay on the canvas the ref has to stop you physically before you hit the unconscious guy again.
                Not much of a real fight when you knock someone down and some third party stops you from following up, and instead gives that guy a 10 second break to recover.

The alternative to the above is what you complained about in MMA: fighters being able to go in for the kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Personally if I were in a fight of any kind and was ko'd and the opponent continued to throw shots he'd better kill me! hahahaha that's an assault not a staged fight. If your assaulting someone you don't throw hands you just shoot them. HA!
                  Ray.
                  This is an example of there being dumb people on both sides. Lots of dumb MMA fans on Sherdog who make ridiculous criticisms of boxing.

Here is an out of touch senile boxing geezer who believes in that myth that punches somehow instantly become lethal weapons when you aren't standing up. Andre Dirrell fan?

When a knockout (unconscious) happens that's the end of the fight in either sport, so I assume you're objecting to continued punching after a knockdown.
                  Last edited by E. O. Wilson; 07-26-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peach View Post
                    Kickboxing

Boxing vs MMA depends on the event

I must say I enjoyed MMA more during the Pride days. The extreme sports/bro/cagefighting gimmick culture of the UFC really turns me off.
                    Not a huge fan of kickboxing myself, but I agree with the second part of your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
                      Not much of a real fight when you knock someone down and some third party stops you from following up, and instead gives that guy a 10 second break to recover.

The alternative to the above is what you complained about in MMA: fighters being able to go in for the kill.
                      oh look, it's masters01. you can't win your arguments young one, please stop trying. you get beat from pillar to post in every thread you go to.

Comment

Working...
                      X