Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wladimir beats Wilder, Stiverne, Fury, Jennings & Pulev, is he a top 10 ATG HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can ridicule any boxers opponents.

But Wlad has beaten a lot of good fighters: Sultan Ibragimov, Ruslan Chagaev, prime McCline, Axel Shultz (who was robbed against Foreman), Chris Byrd (who schooled David Tua), Alexander Povetkin (who won many gold medals including the 2004 Olympics), etc.

Durable guys like Ruslan Chagaev (who at age 17 beat the great Felix Savon) 2008 Tony Thompson and 2002 Jameel McCline wouldn't have been knocked down by Henry Cooper and Chuck Wepner like Muhammed Ali was.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post

But Wlad has beaten a lot of good fighters: Sultan Ibragimov, Ruslan Chagaev, prime McCline, Axel Shultz (who was robbed against Foreman), Chris Byrd (who schooled David Tua), Alexander Povetkin (who won many gold medals including the 2004 Olympics), etc.

Durable guys like Ruslan Chagaev (who at age 17 beat the great Felix Savon) 2008 Tony Thompson and 2002 Jameel McCline wouldn't have been knocked down by Henry Cooper and Chuck Wepner like Muhammed Ali was.
      100% agreed, Freedom, I'm fed up with these piss-taking ****s trying to denigrate Wlad's achievements. People can say what they want, but Holyfield never fought Alex Leapai. No one can ever deny that.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post

Tunney, when your arguments get reduced to this, it's time to stop talking and just leave that subject alone. It's not one you can ever win. I don't doubt you'll keep trying, but repeating things so often that you yourself believe doesn't actually many anyone else believe them. When something is wrong, it's wrong. Simple as that.

Comment

We talk about Wlad's wins in here, but do we talk about his losses to factor that in?

After all, he beat Brewster in the rematch, and Vitali beat Sanders for him, so that counts as a win for Wlad, too. In some ways I think those losses add to his inestimable legacy.

Some wankers like to take the piss, but people forget Ross Puritty had an impressive 24-13-1 record when Wlad fought him.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Tunney, when your arguments get reduced to this, it's time to stop talking and just leave that subject alone. It's not one you can ever win. I don't doubt you'll keep trying, but repeating things so often that you yourself believe doesn't actually many anyone else believe them. When something is wrong, it's wrong. Simple as that.
            There's nothing wrong with my arguments. The problem is, your belief, which is:

"Ali was God, he's above criticism, don't mention details like his being KOed by little Henry Cooper and cheating to buy time between rounds to recover"

Some people worship those boxers of the past, and make them out to be mythological gods.

People discredit Wlad's wins over Byrd because he started at light heavyweight, but praise Joe Louis' win over Billy Conn, who started at lightweight (135 pounds).

Comment

I dont think anyone could leave him out of the top 10 all time if he beats Pulev, Fury and Stiverne.

Comment

I don't think the opposition was available for him to get that high. I mean David Haye and Chris Byrd are his best wins.......

The funny thing is this guy and many others will mention D and C level fighters at heavyweight as good wins for Wlad, but then discredit others for beating legit top ranked guys in their weight classes that are CLEARLY better fighters.

Comment

How sad is it that Klitschko fanboys have to list their hero's opponent's amateur accomplishments to make them seem better than they really are? Amateur records don't mean **** in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    I dont think anyone could leave him out of the top 10 all time if he beats Pulev, Fury and Stiverne.
                    Yeah, he's nearly there, ain't he, Bat? Just on the cusp. I think all it will take is a win over a 7 foot gypo who's been on the floor against Neven Pajkic and that'll tip the balance.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      How sad is it that Klitschko fanboys have to list their hero's opponent's amateur accomplishments to make them seem better than they really are? Amateur records don't mean **** in the pros.
                      If that's the case then how come Odlanier Solis had such a stellar pro career?

Yet another hater's ignorance exposed.

Comment

Working...
                      X