Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wladimir beats Wilder, Stiverne, Fury, Jennings & Pulev, is he a top 10 ATG HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already have Wlad as a top 10 ATG heavy, to me it's not even a debate. However, for any more doubters, as long as he continues to rack up wins against all comers there will be no doubters. Wait....there will always be doubters.

Comment

He's not in my personal top 10.

With that said he has a case for being considered a top 10 ATG , I wouldn't argue with anybody claiming so, regardless of 'what if's -.

Of the names mentioned Pulev is probably the more tested, while Fury and Wilder still have everything to prove. A win over either of them would weight differently depending on how good they perform after losing to Wlad.

Comment

Nah..it's like Floyd beating Guerrero,Ortiz,Maidana,and Alexander.. Decent fighters but no hall of farmers or greats themselves. Wlad is already a hall of farmer but his early losses and lack of top viable opponents will always hold him back IMO.

Comment

He must beat all of them the same night.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            I already have Wlad as a top 10 ATG heavy, to me it's not even a debate. However, for any more doubters, as long as he continues to rack up wins against all comers there will be no doubters. Wait....there will always be doubters.
            You're right, some people find it easy to doubt. But would Larry Holmes or Joe Louis have been able to beat Marius Wach?

Fuck the haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi1987 View Post
              So,

erm, well, beating;

David Haye
              Mariusz Wach
              Sam Peter
              Alex Povetkin
              Hasim Rahman
              Lamon Brewster
              Calvin Brock
              Chris Byrd
              Frans Botha
              Monte Barrett
              Ray Mercer

Thats not enough? wow lol something really not right with the boxing world.
              a lot of good fighters, none great, that isnt wlads fault tho.i mean i could really name an A fighter in every division,, other then HW (besides wladimir)

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi1987 View Post
                So,

erm, well, beating;

David Haye
                Mariusz Wach
                Sam Peter
                Alex Povetkin
                Hasim Rahman
                Lamon Brewster
                Calvin Brock
                Chris Byrd
                Frans Botha
                Monte Barrett
                Ray Mercer

Thats not enough? wow lol something really not right with the boxing world.
                We are talking about some of the most storied, respected fighters in the prize division in boxing. Is it not inconceivable that there are 10 guys whose achievements in the last 100+ years are considered slightly better than Wlads?

Ali, Marciano, Holmes, Lewis, Louis, Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Dempsey, Tunney, Johnson, Liston, Patterson, Vitali, Frazier, Bowe to name a few.

Do you not think it reasonable that someone has a list where 10 of those guys rank slightly higher than Wlad on resume or achievement? Wlad is a great fighter, I have no qualms with someone placing him in the lower end of the top 10 but it is also reasonable for someone to have him just outside of it.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  a lot of good fighters, none great, that isnt wlads fault tho.i mean i could really name an A fighter in every division,, other then HW (besides wladimir)
                  A 41 year old Ray Mercer and Sam "sack of shit" Peter weren't great opponents? What you smoking, hater? Wlad > prime Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    We are talking about some of the most storied, respected fighters in the prize division in boxing. Is it not inconceivable that there are 10 guys whose achievements in the last 100+ years are considered slightly better than Wlads?

Ali, Marciano, Holmes, Lewis, Louis, Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Dempsey, Tunney, Johnson, Liston, Patterson, Vitali, Frazier, Bowe to name a few.

Do you not think it reasonable that someone has a list where 10 of those guys rank slightly higher than Wlad on resume or achievement? Wlad is a great fighter, I have no qualms with someone placing him in the lower end of the top 10 but it is also reasonable for someone to have him just outside of it.
                    /\ A hater describing a man who beat the legendary Alex Povetkin with one of the grittiest displays ever seen in a boxing ring. I guess haters just gonna hate.

Comment

I would say no. Wlad is a great fighter but Wilder, Stiverne, Fury, Jennings & Pulev are not top ten material. Neither are Povetkin, Byrd, Chambers and Thompson.

Comment

Working...
                      X