Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Ceeaser Chavez SR. Vs Juan Manuel Marquez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    Yeah, yeah, whatever! You can't argue any of my points so why reply then.

How about I make it easier. What's Chavez's best win - Meldric, Roger, Camacho or his "draw" with Whitaker?

And then are we talking about a prime Chavez beating a prime JMM? Or are we talking a past his prime Chavez vs past his prime JMM cause you know a past his prime Chavez won't even last 7 rounds against a past prime JMM.

Again, a mark of a truly great fighter lies in his longevity like JMM, Hopkins, Pacman, Hopkins and not in their perceived physical prime like Mosley, Dawson, JCC, Roy Jones, Tyson, Kostya, Barrera, Morales, Camacho.

So JMM has the style to beat JCC in any point of their careers, before prime, at prime, past his prime JCC will be counter-punched and beaten, maybe even by ko/tko.
    What point is there to argue you clearly stated you knew very little of his career yet somehow know enough to discredit him.

You mention longevity yet Chavez turned pro at 15 and had around 90 fights till he finally took a loss. There's not many transcending names on his resume but he beat plenty of quality guys. You don't defend a title successfully 37 times without facing quality fighters.

To fully make a credible prediction on this fight you would need to know something about Chavez other than his fights against De La Hoya.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      yah marquez always had problems with speedy and intelligent fighters.

not only is marquez speedy but he also has a very high ring iq and has huge punching power.
      If one things stands from Chavez is that he is not very fast. I mean if a power punching Manny with his tremendous and foot and hand speed can't take JMM out in 4 fights I just laugh at some of the posters here claiming that JMM would his **** pushed in, based on what freaking evidence.

The only fighters that had success against JMM are Norwood, FMJ and Tim. I haven't seen the Norwood fight so I can't talk about it. Floyd beat him every round and I thought Tim looked pretty in flicking the jab but it barely landed and I don't give rounds to looking pretty. JMM landed the power shots.

Now Chavez Jr doesn't fight anything like a black fighter or these 3 I mentioned, hell he doesn't fight anything like Pacman, either. I think it's a bad style for Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
        What point is there to argue you clearly stated you knew very little of his career yet somehow know enough to discredit him.

You mention longevity guy turned pro at 15 and had around 90 fights till he finally took a loss. There's not many transcending names on his resume but he beat plenty of quality guys. You don't defend a title successfully 37 times without facing quality fighters.

To fully make a credible prediction on this fight you would need to know something about Chavez other than his fights against De La Hoya.
        Again you're not making any points. He turned pro when he was 15, had 90 fights...blah blah. Meanwhile JMM goes from 126 to 147 fights all the top dogs and he is still standing at 40 years old as a top pound 4 pound fighter.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, whatever! You can't argue any of my points so why reply then.

How about I make it easier. What's Chavez's best win - Meldric, Roger, Camacho or his "draw" with Whitaker?

And then are we talking about a prime Chavez beating a prime JMM? Or are we talking a past his prime Chavez vs past his prime JMM cause you know a past his prime Chavez won't even last 7 rounds against a past prime JMM.

Again, a mark of a truly great fighter lies in his longevity like JMM, Hopkins, Pacman, Hopkins and not in their perceived physical prime like Mosley, Dawson, JCC, Roy Jones, Tyson, Kostya, Barrera, Morales, Camacho.

So JMM has the style to beat JCC in any point of their careers, before prime, at prime, past his prime JCC will be counter-punched and beaten, maybe even by ko/tko.
          Yeah, Chavez had no longevity. Only had 27 title defenses. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            Yeah, Chavez had no longevity. Only had 27 title defenses. What a joke.
            Sure and he reached 34 and he was nothing! I looked at his record and the guys he fought , I mean his first 50 fights I don't know man... I don't know.

He's an accomplished figher, a great fighter and he has some names like Camacho, Castillo and Meldrick but I just can't put him above JMM just because he exhibited a lot of physicality and was running over a lot of his opponents when he was young.

Once his physical gifts started diminishing he wasn't the same and that's not bad he can be in the class of Roy Jones, Tyson, Mosley, Barrera, Morales, Kostya and many others but I don't think he's in the class of JMM, Pacquaiao and Bhop. Floyd - he is a cherry picker even though he's still great.
            Last edited by pesticid; 05-21-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Again you're not making any points. He turned pro when he was 15, had 90 fights...blah blah. Meanwhile JMM goes from 126 to 147 fights all the top dogs and he is still standing at 40 years old as a top pound 4 pound fighter.
              Not making points? I responded to your opinionated post with facts about his career yet I'm not making any points JMM's longevity is truly remarkable but other than his ko win over Pacquiao he has no other win over a p4p top dog.

Comment

Sure and he reached 34 and he was nothing! I looked at his record and the guys he fought , I mean his first 50 fights I don't know man... I don't know.

He's an accomplished figher, a great fighter and he has some names like Camacho, Castillo and Meldrick but I just can't put him above JMM just because he exhibited a lot of physicality and was running over a lot of his opponents when he was young.

Once his physical gifts started diminishing he wasn't the same and that's not bad he can be in the class of Roy Jones, Tyson, Mosley, Barrera, Morales, Kostya and many others but I don't think he's in the class of JMM, Pacquaiao and Bhop. Floyd - he is a cherry picker even though he's still great.
                Ok this post seals it your basically building you post on what you read off of boxrec. You clearly stated you know very little about him yet somehow claim to call him a cherry picker. Claim he was done at 34 , his 19th year as a pro yet he had no longevity. Obviously you've neer seen him fight so your opinion is worthless. If you had any knowledge of his career I would respect your opinion even if I didn't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                  Not making points? I responded to your opinionated post with facts about his career yet I'm not making any points JMM's longevity is truly remarkable but other than his ko win over Pacquiao he has no other win over a p4p top dog.
                  JMM also went to Thailand to get robbed against Chris John (a pound 4 pound top dog) , should've gotten the nod or at least a draw against Bradley ( a pound for pound and top dog). Should've gotten the win in his third fight against Pacman which was the clearest. Got the KO in the 4th fight. Beat Casamayor who was the lineal champ at 135, knocked him out actually. Beat everybody else you know the names, got avoided by the Prince and Morales.

I don't know who Chavez beat that was top p4p.

Comment

JMM also went to Thailand to get robbed against Chris John (a pound 4 pound top dog) , should've gotten the nod or at least a draw against Bradley ( a pound for pound and top dog). Should've gotten the win in his third fight against Pacman which was the clearest. Got the KO in the 4th fight. Beat Casamayor who was the lineal champ at 135, knocked him out actually. Beat everybody else you know the names, got avoided by the Prince and Morales.

I don't know who Chavez beat that was top p4p.
                    Bro are you seriously trying to give me a history lesson on JMM's career? Take a look at my sig and user name.

Comment

Prime Chavez would beat up prime Marquez..

We are talking about an atg vs a hall of famer...

No doubt that the 80s Chavez walks down and beats up jmm

Comment

Working...
                      X