Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Ceeaser Chavez SR. Vs Juan Manuel Marquez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I don't think most here know how much of an animal Chavez Sr. really was. Dude was a monster in the ring. Relentless and aggressive aren't adjectives enough for what he used to do.
    This. As great a combination and counter puncher that JMM is, JCC would put on a clinic.

Comment

Julio Ceeaser Chavez by ko cant see it any other way JMM gets his crap push in

Comment

Chavez Sr. hand down... he was a beast in the ring... high work rate & a solid chin.

Comment

daddy chavez was a beast

good defense. not a defensive wizard like sweet pea but he had solid defense which he knew how to turn into offense

chavez takes it!

Comment

i'd pick marquez to win by UD.

marquez does well against come forward fighters and also add the fact that this new marquez hits like a truck.

Comment

Chavez for me.

Comment

I haven't seen much of Chavez Sr. Remember DLH tore him up silly. Perner made him look like a fool and against Meldrick he got lucky. Kostya tore him up...

I don't know why he is held in such a high regard. He beat a lot of nobodies, he did beat Roger Mayweather, whatever. Then Camacho and I don't know who else he beat.

His resume is **** compared to Marquez.

The measure of a good fighter is how they fight once they are past their prime like Pacman, JMM, Hopkins and Floyd.

Tyson, Roy Jones, Mosley, Barrera and Morales were great in their prime but as soon as they lost a little bit of speed, strength and punch resistance they were dominated.

JMM>JCC

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                  I haven't seen much of Chavez Sr.Remember DLH tore him up silly. Perner made him look like a fool and against Meldrick he got lucky. Kostya tore him up...

I don't know why he is held in such a high regard. He beat a lot of nobodies, he did beat Roger Mayweather, whatever. Then Camacho and I don't know who else he beat.

The measure of a good fighter is how they fight once they are past their prime like Pacman, JMM, Hopkins and Floyd.

Tyson, Roy Jones, Mosley, Barrera and Morales were great in their prime but as soon as they lost a little bit of speed, strength and punch resistance they were dominated.

JMM>JCC

First line literally takes any sort of credibility you could've had in your post. You might want to do more research before posting something so ignorant. Calling his resume **** compared to Marquez made me lol knowing how Marquez doesn't have the strongest resume either.

Chavez is too skilled,relentless,and aggressive even for such a skilled guy like Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                    First line literally takes any sort of credibility you could've had in your post. You might want to do more research before posting something so ignorant. Calling his resume **** compared to Marquez made me lol knowing how Marquez doesn't have the strongest resume either.

Chavez is too skilled,relentless,and aggressive even for such a skilled guy like Marquez.
                    Yeah, yeah, whatever! You can't argue any of my points so why reply then.

How about I make it easier. What's Chavez's best win - Meldric, Roger, Camacho or his "draw" with Whitaker?

And then are we talking about a prime Chavez beating a prime JMM? Or are we talking a past his prime Chavez vs past his prime JMM cause you know a past his prime Chavez won't even last 7 rounds against a past prime JMM.

Again, a mark of a truly great fighter lies in his longevity like JMM, Hopkins, Pacman, Hopkins and not in their perceived physical prime like Mosley, Dawson, JCC, Roy Jones, Tyson, Kostya, Barrera, Morales, Camacho.

So JMM has the style to beat JCC in any point of their careers, before prime, at prime, past his prime JCC will be counter-punched and beaten, maybe even by ko/tko.

Comment

yah marquez always had problems with speedy and intelligent fighters.

not only is marquez speedy but he also has a very high ring iq and has huge punching power.

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                      I haven't seen much of Chavez Sr. Remember DLH tore him up silly. Perner made him look like a fool and against Meldrick he got lucky. Kostya tore him up...

JMM>JCC

Comment

Working...
                      X