Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Maidana: Highest Selling PPV Of 2014, But…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's funny is how Showtime is losing out on this but have increased their status while HBO have fallen very far. Who's actually losing?

Comment

Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
      My favorite thing to read, is the Mayweather ball-suckers who use the PPV numbers as a reason Floyd shouldn't ever have even considered fighting Pacquiao, let alone fight him now that he's past his prime. Floyd says it, and so do they:

"Why should I give a shot to a guy who only did 750,000 PPV buys..."

So you won't give Pacquiao a fight, and the purse he deserves as the sport's #2 (though one-time #1), because his numbers aren't like yours? Why then do you fight the Guerrero's, Ortiz's, and Maidana's of the world?

Oh, that's right...those guys didn't present a threat, though Maidana almost did.

Do you know how Mayweather negotiates with these fighters? He tells them, "Look, you'll get paid big, and I'll carry the fight so neither of us gets really hurt. Just don't try to get too rough in there and enjoy the payday. I'll build it up by playing the villain, and people will see you as the baby face. Did I mention you'd get paid? Just don't try to force the action."

Unfortunately for him, Pacquiao wanted to prove he was the best during his run from 2007-2011. Pacquiao would have ****ed Floyd up. Mayweather was even on record talking about how he has a family, and wants to be there for them after boxing, how he's got nothing if there's ever an 'L' on his record, etc.

If the do fight any time between now and their respective retirements, it won't matter. It won't be the same, and it won't be an accurate display of them at their best. We had that shot, Mayweather ducked out of it, end of story.

hahahah!!! Try again!!!

where do I start??

Victor Ortiz was the lineal w.b.c champion at the time!!!

Robert Gurrero was the #1 ranked and mandatory Challenger!!

whens the last time pac faced the #1 or his mandatory? cuz pac seems to vacate his titles more than defend them!!!

and last...

Mayweather PPV is STILL double the numbers of pacquaios last fight!!

so please if you have a valid point we would love for you to make it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
        So where are the official numbers?

Also why are there nothing but a bunch of Pacquiao fans talking crap when Pacquaio PPV sales are 300,000 or 200,000 left? That's still a big chunk
        The damage control has begun. LOL!

Pacquiao doesn't have a 32 million guarantee to bankrupt HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Risen View Post
          The damage control has begun. LOL!

Pacquiao doesn't have a 32 million guarantee to bankrupt HBO.
          Yeah, a $32 million guarantee for several fights is going to bankrupt HBO or Showtime.

Comment

half of ppv revenue goes to the cable guys

5 percent then goes to showtime

that will leave around 30m ish for the rest, massive loss for showtime

Comment

If, 900,000 thousand is right, then it PROVES Canelo is the A side.

No Canelo, Floyd does 1.3 million less. Add Canelo and you have 1.3 million more ppvs. Actually 1.3 million PLUS. If Floyd fought Angulo he probably would have done same as Canelo vs Angulo. I actually think/thought Floyd vs Maidana did or would do 1.3 million ppvs. I guess we'll find out. New ppv king, CANELO!

Comment

I didn't expect him to sell more, he was fighting Maidana for Christ sake, this is why I was shocked he picked Maidana. I thought for money reasons he was surely going to pick Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  Yeah, a $32 million guarantee for several fights is going to bankrupt HBO or Showtime.
                  for serveral fights? thought floyd was suppose to make that amount vs maidana only.

Comment

im not from the us so apologies for my ignorance here..

who are the cable guys? showtime?

also who is covering the shortfall to make up floyd's guarantee.. showtime again?

who paid broners/khans and the rest of the undercard purses. doesnt it come out of floyd's money or something?

Comment

Originally posted by sapo13 View Post
                      hahahah!!! Try again!!!

where do I start??

Victor Ortiz was the lineal w.b.c champion at the time!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X