No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman calls Juan Manuel Marquez after Alavarado fight "Suspicious"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by APPONO ASTOS
    so marquez isn't looking faster and stronger and bulkier than he ever has before at age 40? marquez isn't connected with a shady steroid chemist?? he doesn't show signs of steroid acne all over his body? c'mon.........there is no bias here just ****ing truth....something u marquez fans seem to be scared of accepting

a guy at age 38-40 doesn't just getting stronger and faster and bigger than he ever has in just a short period of time without the help of steroids
    Is it a possibility that Marquez is on PED's? Sure.

Am I going to accuse him of being a cheat without evidence? No.

Marquez has not looked faster to me than he did earlier in his career. He has never been all that fast. His combinations are executed with perfect timing and technique. Stronger and bulkier could be a result of PED'S. However they could also be a result of working with a guy who is a world class S&C coach.

I know the guy is shady, and it was always going to create controversy for anyone to work with him because of his past. But this guy works/ed with many world class athletes so he is an expert on the training and nutrition. You don't get to train with an athlete like Usain Bolt if you don't know what you are doing.

Marquez has been working with memo since 2011 and he has gotten bulkier but it hasn't been overnight. In 2011 he didnt look as good as in 2012. There has been a gradual improvement in his physique that could have been the result of a combination of a proper diet and training regiment conducted by a world class coach. Although i wouldn't rule out the possibility that he has been given an illegal substance, I will not trash a guys career and label him a drug cheat on an presumption of guilt. I want to see some proof. Whether it be a drug test or some other credible evidence.

Is there a difference between steroid acne and regular acne?
    I couldn't really see the acne in the weigh in photos clearly (they were blurry) and the pics on google are too small. Also, during the fight I tried to see them and I could not get a good look at the supposed acne (movement, angles, hands blocking chest , etc). From a photo i would think it would be difficult to tell what is acne, a rash, allergic reaction, or some other skin condition. I am not a dermatologist.

I think that one of the most troubling things about this is that people have already made up there minds. There will be people who will say he is a cheat even if he never fails a drug test for the rest of his career and goes on olympic testing. They will say "... Oh Heredia is just a great chemist... his drugs are undetectable...etc." So evidence that goes against their belief will be discarded or rationalized (confirmation bias). Likewise, if Marquez fails a drug test some of his fans will come up with an excuse to try to explain away the results. There are such things as false positives and false negatives so a good testing agency will have multiple samples from which to test. If Marquez fails a test (multiple samples to rule out false positives) which procedure has not been compromised and is unbiased I will have to reasses my attitude toward Marquez.I am just uncomfortable calling someone a cheat without concrete evidence.

Comment

@0:20 After Heredia

@4:17 Before Heredia
      Last edited by Lineal Champ; 05-18-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

the ONLY so called red flag is his involvement with Memo....dude is on vid telling roid stories and bragging about his methods and ability to ace the tests....that's suspect....but as far as JMM's performance...he's always had enough pop to score knock outs and knock downs...dude is a precision puncher....he drops dudes with well placed shots....so I don't see his performances as a red flag

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          not only did he drop mike but sent him thru the ropes... a much bigger guy too. what pisses me off is that he's blatantly cheating and nothing can be done about it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          I don't see why boxing fans aren't clamoring for PED legalization. The majority of boxing discussions turn to fantasy fights that are impossible to make, if PEDs allow generations of fighters to overlap it equals more great fights for fans. I'm all for the legalization of PEDs and I'm against unfairly accusing fighters of cheating, but if any fighter has ever been suspicious its Marquez. A new and improved physique and increased punching power while maintaining his speed, activity level and ability to throw combinations at 40 is somewhat suspicious. If he is juiced and it makes for better fights though, I'd much rather it be available to every fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            JMM could sit there and be seen with a needle in his arm and there are still f@gg0ts that would say he was clean
            Truth.

I am a big fan of Marquez the fighter, but he's losing me with this shít. He's blatantly doping and it's disgusting.

I agree that all elite fighters are suspect, but Marquez has to be considered more so due to his association with a known steroid supplier and numerous other factors. You just don't see other dudes showing all the signs JMM does, even if they're all suspect too. They've busted out the heavy duty stuff for the tail-end of his career.

Comment

it was very suspicious. i was watching the fight in HD and could clearly see acne on his chest and back and he looked very quick and very strong for 40 years old.

very sad times for marquez fans. it is most likely that he is cheating.

i wish he would seek guidance through prayer and hopefully find peace in admitting his steroid abuse.

god bless him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulilin View Post
                I don't see why boxing fans aren't clamoring for PED legalization. The majority of boxing discussions turn to fantasy fights that are impossible to make, if PEDs allow generations of fighters to overlap it equals more great fights for fans. I'm all for the legalization of PEDs and I'm against unfairly accusing fighters of cheating, but if any fighter has ever been suspicious its Marquez. A new and improved physique and increased punching power while maintaining his speed, activity level and ability to throw combinations at 40 is somewhat suspicious. If he is juiced and it makes for better fights though, I'd much rather it be available to every fighter.
                Genius: at least make the peds public... Why pretend they don't exist? Make the roids' producers sponsors at these boxing fights... Let the guys make a legal buck...
                But why cheat on the issue?

Comment

Thats why Arum wants the fifth fight in Macua,,, very lax testing, and manny and jmm can both come in juiced to the gills looking like bodybuilders, and they will give us a great fight once again...

JMM that fought alvarado, i think beats the hell out of manny again

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    the ONLY so called red flag is his involvement with Memo....dude is on vid telling roid stories and bragging about his methods and ability to ace the tests....that's suspect....but as far as JMM's performance...he's always had enough pop to score knock outs and knock downs...dude is a precision puncher....he drops dudes with well placed shots....so I don't see his performances as a red flag
                    This right here.

Why people were expecting any other outcome last night is beyond me. Alvarado simply isn't on Juan's level.

As for the fountain of youth ****, I don't get it. It's not like he got bad and then came back to be great, he has always been like this. His increases in strength and speed are a little suspicious, but that also could have happened from finally having a strength and condition coach in his camp training him the right way.

People on here seem way to quick to jump on the PED accusations. How about you get some tangible evidence first before people start accusing guys.

As for testing, increasing testing before a fight really wouldn't solve the problem since most fighters do their cycles outside of training camp. The only way to get rid of it is 24/7 365 testing, but that is unrealistic except for a handful of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Genius: at least make the peds public... Why pretend they don't exist? Make the roids' producers sponsors at these boxing fights... Let the guys make a legal buck...
                      But why cheat on the issue?
                      The incentive to cheat is tens of millions of dollars. These guys are repeatedly getting their faces punched in of course they want to get paid for their troubles. Brain injury is going to be a problem whether PEDs are legal or not, so I'd imagine they want to make some money during their careers to help pay for treatment later on.

Comment

Working...
                      X