Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Provodnikov Floated as Potential Backup Plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is a meaningful exciting fight the backup plan for a 4th rematch between the same guys...

Comment

Marquez looks good against alvarado but he have a glass chin, a slower alvarado knock him down, pacquiao will destroy him in a fifth fight thats why he is ducking pac

Comment

Prov.....thats the backup......prov!!!!!
        So instead of pcvsjmm AGAIN we might see a guy who has beat nobody to talk about at 147 an his biggest win was a loss to a guy pac beat twice........AND dont let me forget the "ALWAYS " eventful fights of zou shimming....a old a** olympic medal winner who has been fighting lil boys on ppv will get a world title shot!!!!!!!
        Good luck with that bs card bob!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I see I am the minority, Khan? Anybody second the motion? Something different, a boxer puncher with a thin skull. Variety, brawler, brawler, boxer.

Comment

"The fighters that end up with Oscar". Is nobody going to talk about that right there? Does this mean that Richard was signing guys to gbp slash something else? Is the paperwork with Haymon shifty? I mean shhh that didn't sound good at all.

Comment

This would be an all-action fight. I bet it would be extremely awkward for Roach and Somodio to be on opposite corners in that fight though

Comment

Pac vs prov is a crap fight. I seriously dont understand why anyone would care to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  exactly loool

I actually like the idea of Prov v Pac, he's a big strong guy with legit, tested power. It's a great fight imo.
                  The fight seems ok, atleast for the sake of Boxing. However, it is not for Pac's financial matter. Provo has no built-in fan base. Only hardcore fans knows him. He is relatively unknown to majority of casual fans as well as in asia. The fight can't tap mexican market also. Marquez fight is the only fight left for Pac in TR this year. If cold war really thawed already, Then Canelo, Maidana & Porter are more attractive for 2015. Runner ups are Garcia & Mattysse if they establish their name in WW div this year.

Comment

To be honest neither JMM or Prov really appeal to me for Pac's next fight.

I would like to see him fight a Broner or a Khan, understanding that politically this will be much more challenging.

I don't know a lot about how Manny is managed, but I fail to see the continued benefit in him signing again with TR.

If the only opponents on offer are JMM, Prov or TB then that is a pretty poor return, especially as he has already fought two of those guys more than once already.

It would be nice to see Manny step out a bit and take on some GB fighters, it adds some real rivalry and really shakes up the WW division.

I am not a fan of Floyd's business methodology, but he has some better advisers around him for the contractual side of the business.

Re-cycling the same old fights will ultimately lead to a lack of interest in PPV boxing (IMO).

I think Manny has 3 more fights left in him, if those three are JMM (IV), TB (III) with a tune up against Prov in between then he will be fading out of the sport which will be a real shame.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Lucas Matthysse vs Pacquiao, make it happen.

Or Keith Thurman vs Pac.

Or Canelo is there if Manny has the balls like Floyd did.
                      Weight drainer, weight cheater, sucker puncher, gloves cheater has the balls? Funny how you easily forgot when your boy said to everybody he will never drain his opponent just to have an unfair advantage then he weight drained Canelo on his very next fight. LOL
                      Last edited by straightleft; 05-19-2014, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X