No announcement yet.

Delayed PPV numbers for Mayweather vs. Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2014Classic View Post
    Lol, they didn't even have a tour for this show. Just a press conference with Mayweather and Maidans trainer.LMAO. Hardly any marketing at all. Most people thought Maidana was a no hoper. (Why, I have no clue...)

And I don't think people were predicting anymore then 800-1.2m. So I don't see why people are jumping up in down thinking this failed.... It hit right in the expected ballpark.

Mayweathers deal with Showtime provides so much free marketing for Showtime. People acting like Showtime is losing out on this deal don't know a ****ing thing about marketing and sponsorship. Mayweather is basically a Showtime sponsored boxer who has the chance to make them money on top of that. One of the biggest names in all of sports, sponsored, for free/upside. Exactly why they had a free weekend on the free replay.

Most of you are idiots and don't understand this.
    Finally some clarity... People don't know **** about boxing and apparently don't know **** about marketing either

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
      They are probably ready to lose some money in the short run to gain marketshare from HBO. Their longtime strategy is to take over HBO:s marketposition.
      Except Mayweather's a 37 year old fading pay per view attraction and Showtime's ratings haven't been great this year.

Two of Showtime's most-watched recent telecasts were ones in which two of their most-watched fighters (Broner, Garcia) didn't even look good...so let's see where their ratings go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
        Except Mayweather's a 37 year old fading pay per view attraction and Showtime's ratings haven't been great this year.

Two of Showtime's most-watched recent telecasts were ones in which two of their most-watched fighters (Broner, Garcia) didn't even look good...so let's see where their ratings go.
        IMO, A Mayweather-Pacman fight still generates 2M PPV Buys.

Next May hopefully

Comment

It's been only two weeks whilst PAC Bradley numbers still aren't official, just was bobby said and that fight was how long ago?

Comment

Damn, are we boxing fans or groupies? Unless you're a chick, we shouldn't care how much Floyd/Pac or HBO/Showtime made/makes. Just give me the fights, I'll stream anyway. ****8ng girls!

Comment

These are boxing ppv numbers doe.

Comment

Working...
              X